Difference between revisions of "Democracy and Security International Conference"
m (ch link to be consistent with internal record)
m (fmt bottom section)
|Line 172:||Line 172:|
*[[Yulia Tymoshenko]] -- MP Ukraine
*[[Yulia Tymoshenko]] -- MP Ukraine
*Website: [http://www.democracyandsecurity.org www.democracyandsecurity.org]
*Website: [http://www.democracyandsecurity.org www.democracyandsecurity.org]
Revision as of 11:43, 12 June 2008
Democracy & Security International Conference was held in Prague right before the G8 2007 conference. Attendees included George Bush and a who's who of the neocon regime-change industry.
- Prague Security Studies Institute
- Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies at the Shalem Center in Jerusalem
- Foundation for Social Analysis and Studies (FAES)
- Issam Abu Issa -- Chairman, I.A.S. International, Qatar
- Peter Ackerman -- Chairman, Freedom House
- Mudawi Ibrahim Adam -- Chairman, Sudan Social Development Organization
- Sheldon G. Adelson -- Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- Miriam Adelson -- Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- Mithal al-Alusi -- Iraqi MP
- Ludmilla Alexeeva -- Chair, Helsinki Group
- Leyla Aliyeva -- President, Center for National and International Studies, Azerbaijan
- Jafar Alshayeb -- Managing Director, Bizlink Group, Saudi Arabia
- Zainab Al-Suwaij -- Co-Founder & Executive Director, American Islamic Congress
- Ingrid Amer -- Second Secretary, Embassy of Estonia, Czech Rep.
- Elias Amor Bravo -- Economist, Union Liberal Cubana, Spain
- Sami Angawi -- Director General, Amar Center, Saudi Arabia
- Uzi Arad -- Director, Institute for Policy and Strategy, Israel
- Arie Arazi -- Ambassador of Israel, Czech Rep.
- Ronald D. Asmus -- Executive Director, Transatlantic Center, The German Marshall Fund of the United States, Belgium
- Ghassan Atiyyah -- Executive Director, Iraq Foundation for Development and Democracy
- Shlomo Avineri -- Professor of Political Science, The Hebrew University, Israel
- José María Aznar -- President, FAES Foundation, Spain
- Hüseyin Bagci -- Professor of International Relations, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Rafael L. Bardají -- National Security Adviser to President Aznar; Director of International Policy FAES Foundation
- Dana Baschová -- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Czech Rep.
- Anne Bayefsky -- Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute
- Pavel Bém -- Lord Mayor of the City of Prague
- Mokhtar Benabdallaoui -- Head of the Philosophy Department, Hassan II University, Morocco
- David Bercuson -- Director of Programs, Canadian Defence & Foreign Affairs Institute
- Antonín Berdych -- President, Association for International Affairs
- Rudolf Blažek -- Deputy Lord Mayor of the City of Prague, Czech Rep.
- Michael Bohnen -- President, Adelson Family Charitable Foundation
- Roberta Bonazzi -- Executive Director, European Foundation for Democracy, Belgium
- José Brechner -- Political Analyst, Diario di America, Argentina
- Jan Bubeník -- Managing Partner, Bubenik Partners, Czech Rep.
- Fraser Cameron -- Director, EU-Russia Center, Belgium
- Alberto Carnero -- Director of International Department, FAES Foundation
- Oldřich Černý -- Executive Director, Prague Security Studies Institute
- Chin-mo Cheng -- Assistant Professor, Tamkang University, Taiwan
- Irwin Cotler -- Canadian MP, Former Minister of Justice & Attorney General of Canada
- Devon Cross -- Case for Freedom, USA
- Cina Dabestani -- Board Member, Iranian Enterprise Institute, USA
- Priscilla de Callier -- Advisor, Forum 2000 Foundation, Czech Rep.
- Pepper de Callier -- Senior Advisor, Forum 2000 Foundation, Czech Rep.
- Richard Dearlove -- Master, Pembroke College
- Pavol Demeš -- Director for CEE, German Marshall Fund of the United States, Slovakia
- Ron Dermer -- Minister of Economic Affairs, Embassy of Israel, USA
- Barbara Dillon Hillas -- Principal, Dillon Hillas & Dillon, LLC, Poland
- Linda Duffield -- Ambassador of the United Kingdom, Czech Rep.
- Gabriel Eichler -- CEO, Benson Oak, Czech Rep.
- Bassem Eid -- Executive Director, Palestinian Human Rights Monitoring Group
- Helmut Elfenkämper -- Ambassador of Germany, Czech Rep.
- Mohamed Eljahmi -- Libyan-American Democracy Activist
- Marc S. Ellenbogen -- Chairman of Global Panel Foundation and Special Correspondent, UPI
- David Elliman -- Chairman, Elmrock Capital, Inc., USA
- Amir Abbas Fakhravar -- President, Iranian Freedom Institute, USA
- Oleksandr Feldman -- President, International Tolerance Center, Ukraine
- Javier Fernandéz-Lasquetty -- General Secretary, FAES Foundation
- Charles Fries -- Ambassador of France, Czech Rep.
- Jeffrey Gedmin -- President, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Czech Rep.
- Jared Genser -- President, Freedom Now, USA
- Reuel Marc Gerecht -- Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute, Belgium
- Farid Ghadry -- President, Reform Party of Syria, USA
- John K. Glenn -- Director of Foreign Policy, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- David Goder -- Case for Freedom, USA
- Vera Golovensky -- Director of International Relations, Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies
- Richard W. Graber -- Ambassador of the United States of America, Czech Rep.
- Colleen Graffy -- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public Diplomacy, State Department
- Karl-Theodor von und zu Guttenberg -- Chairman of the CSU‘s Foreign Committee, German Bundestag
- Václav Havel -- Former President of the Czech Republic, Czech Rep.
- Anna Y. C. Ho -- Assistant to the Representative, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, Czech
- Jim Hoft -- Gateway Pundit Blog, USA
- Mamoun Homsy -- Fmr. Member of Syrian Parliament, Lebanon
- Karen P. Hughes -- Under Secretary, Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs
- Jana Hybášková -- Member of the European Parliament, Czech Rep.
- Saad Eddin Ibrahim -- Chairman, Ibn Khaldun Center for Development Studies, Egypt
- Toomas Hendrik Ilves -- President of Estonia, Estonia
- Bruce P. Jackson -- President, Project on Transitional Democracies, USA
- Vladislav Jandjuk -- Representative, Belorusian Government in Exile, Czech Rep.
- Pavle Janković -- President, International and Security Affairs Center Fund, Serbia
- Josef Janning -- Head of International Relations Program; Member of Management Commitee, Bertelsmann Stiftung, Germany
- Roman Joch -- Director, Občanský institut, Czech Rep.
- Josef Joffe -- Publisher-Editor, Die Zeit, Germany
- Daniel B. Johnson -- Writer and Journalist, New York Sun Commentary, USA
- Jon Juaristi -- Professor, University of Alcalá de Henares, Spain
- Sven Jürgenson -- Foreign Policy Adviser to the President of Estonia
- Cheol Hwan Kang -- Chairman of Commission, Committe for Democratization of North Korea
- Garri Kasparov -- Chessplayer and Politician, United Civil Front, Russia
- Nibras Kazimi Visiting Scholar Hudson Institute USA
- Eli Khoury Chairman and CEO, Quantum Communications Lebanon
- Iain King Director of Programmes, Westminster Foundation for Democracy United Kingdom
- Jakub Klepal Deputy Executive Director Forum 2000 Foundation Czech Rep.
- Igor Klimeš Desk Officer for the Middle East, People In Need, Czech Rep.
- Tomáš Klvaňa Professor New York University in Prague Czech Rep.
- Julian Knapp Political Consultant United Kingdom
- Bessel Kok Chairman Scarlet Communications Group Czech Rep.
- Petr Kolář Ambassador of the Czech Republic to the United States of America USA
- Jana Košárková Acting Director Prague Security Studies Institute Washington USA
- Martin Kramer Senior Fellow The Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies at the Shalem Center Israel
- Irina Krasovskaya President
- We Remember Foundation Belarus
- Veronika Kuchyňová Šmigolová Director Security Policy Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic Czech Rep.
- Ziv Nevo Kulman Deputy Chief of Mission Embassy of Israel Czech Rep.
- Ieva Kupce Head of Public Diplomacy Ministry of Defence Latvia
- Ronald S. Lauder Ronald Lauder Foundation USA
- Joseph Lieberman Senator United States Senate USA
- Tod Lindberg Research Fellow Hoover Institution USA
- Junning Liu Professor China
- Herb London President Hudson Institute USA
- Jeff Lovitt Executive Director Policy Association for an Open Society Czech Rep.
- Woon-Ki Lyeo Deputy Chief of Mission Embassy of South Korea Czech Rep.
- Monika MacDonagh-Pajerová Chair Ano pro Evropu Czech Rep.
- Kanan Makiya Professor of Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies Brandeis University, USA
- Toshio Masuda President Masuda US Research Center, LLC USA
- Margarita Mathiopoulos Chief Executive Officer EAG European AdvisoryGroup GMBH Germany
- Clifford D. May President The Foundation for the Defense of Democracies USA
- Aliaksandr Milinkevich President Political Council of Democratic Forces of Belarus, Belarus
- Jorge Moragas Sanchez Secretary of International Relations, Partido Popular, Spain
- Karinna Moskalenko Defense Attorney, Russia
- Cameron Munter Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of the United States of America, Czech Rep.
- Joshua Muravchik Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute, USA
- Rami Nasrallah Head of Board of Directors, International Peace and Cooperation, Center, East Jerusalam
- Fiamma Nirenstein journalist and Historian, Il Giornale, Italy
- Michael Novak Scholar, American Enterprise Institute, USA
- Jan Novák Head of the Office of the Government, Government of the Czech Republic Czech Rep.
- John O’Sulivan Senior Fellow Hudson Institute USA
- Reza Pahlavi Opposition Leader to Clerical Regime of Iran, USA
- Zbyněk Pavlačík Director Jagello 2000 Czech Rep.
- Antonio Pedauyé Ambasador of Spain to the Czech Republic, Embassy of Spain, Czech Rep.
- Jiří Pehe Resident Director, New York University in Prague, Czech Rep.
- Richard Perle Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute, USA
- Ross Perrone Ronald Lauder Foundation, USA
- Walid Phares Senior Fellow, Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, USA
- Marc F. Plattner Editor, Journal of Democracy, National Endowment for Democracy USA
- Tomáš Pojar Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, Czech Rep.
- Daniel Polisar President, The Shalem Center Israel
- Roman Polonsky Project’s Director of the Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies at the Shalem Center Israel
- Tomasz Pompowski Foreign and Opinions Editor, Polskapresse, Poland
- Andrei Popov Executive Director, Foreign Policy Association of Moldova, Moldova
- Shay Porat Vice President for External Affairs, The Shalem Center, Israel
- Harold Rhode, Office Assesment, US Defense Department, USA
- Roger W. Robinson, Jr. Co-Founder, Prague Security Studies Institute, USA
- Berel Rodal Vice Chairman, Interntional Center on Nonviolent, Conflict, USA
- Nina Rosenwald Principal American Securities USA
- Allen Roth Policy Forum USA
- Michael Rubin Resident Scholar American Enterprise Institute, USA
- Rafael Rubio President Association for the Transition of Cuba, Spain
- Ivo Samson Head of Security Policy Program, Research Center of the Slovak Foreign, Policy Association, Slovakia
- Andor Šándor Fmr. Head of Czech Military Intelligence, Czech Rep.
- Mohsen Sazegara Visiting Researcher, Harvard Law School, USA
- Christian Schmidt Parliamentary State Secretary, Federal Ministry of Defence, Germany
- Jiří Schneider, Program Director, Prague Security Studies Institute, Czech Rep.
- Steven Schneier, Director, Policy Forum, USA
- Karel Schwarzenberg, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, Czech Rep.
- Jiří Šedivý, Deputy Vice Prime Minister for European Affairs, Czech Rep.
- Natan Sharansky Chairman, The Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies at the Shalem Center, Israel, The Prague Security Studies Institute, Pohořelec 6, 118 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic
- Jamie Shea, Director, Policy Planning, Private Office of the Secretary General, NATO Belgium
- Ssu-tsun Shen, Representative, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, Czech Rep.
- Stefano Silvestri President, Institute for International Affairs, Italy
- Jakub Šlosárek Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Czech Rep.
- Eugeniusz Smolar President, Center for International Relations Poland
- Jan Šnaidauf, Project Coordinator, Forum 2000 Foundation, Czech Rep.
- Radek Špicar, External Affairs Director, Škoda Auto, Czech Rep.
- Bret Stephens, Foreign Affairs Columnist and Member of the Editorial Board, Wall Street Journal, USA
- Veton Surroi Head, Reformist Party Kosovo
- C. Holland Taylor Chairman & CEO LibForAll, USA
- Yulia Tymoshenko -- MP Ukraine
Contact, References and Resources
- Website: www.democracyandsecurity.org
- Jim Lobe, A Neo-Conservative International Targets Iran, Lobelog.com, 9 June 2007
- Anne Bayefsky, Prague Marching Orders: Walking the Talk, National Review Online, 8 June 2007