Reuel Marc Gerecht
Reuel Marc Gerecht, a former Central Intelligence Agency officer, is a fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. He is the director of the Project for the New American Century's Middle East Initiative. He is a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and a former Middle East specialist at the CIA. Fluent in Farsi, he is presently working for the Pentagon's Iranian Directorate in its campaign for regime change in Iran.
Gerecht was a vocal proponent of War on Iraq, Iran and Syria well before September 11. He is a frequent guest on news shows defending Bush Administration Policies. He is a proponent of a more aggressive 'war on terror'.
Trivializing Abu Ghraib
In an article published in The Weekly Standard on May 24, 2004, Gerecht trivialised the horrors of Abughraib and mused,"Have the chances of democracy in the Middle East really been set back because sexually sensitive Muslims are so revolted that they won't embrace representative government?"
- Iranian Directorate
- Iran Energy Project - A project of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, Senior Fellow
- Project for the New American Century - Director of the Middle East Initiative
- American Enterprise Institute - Resident Fellow
- Weekly Standard - Contributing editor
- M.A., Islamic history, Princeton University
- The American University of Cairo and Cairo University
- University of Edinburgh, The Muir Institute of Islamic Studies
- B.A., History, Johns Hopkins University
- Consultant on Afghanistan, CBS News, 1999-2000
- Political and consular officer, U.S. Department of State, 1985-1994
- Middle Eastern specialist, Central Intelligence Agency,1985-1994
Gerecht is a frequent author of content for periodicals including, The Atlantic Monthly, The New Republic and Frontpage Magazine. He also writes for Playboy and the neoconservative The Weekly Standard.
- Rightweb Reuel Marc Gerecht
- Project for the New American Century profile
- American Enterprise Institute profile
- Reuel Marc Gerecht, Out of Sight, New York Times, Accessed 13-March-2009
- Reuel Marc Gerecht, Liberate Iraq, Weekly Standard, 14-May-2001, Accessed 24-April-2009
- Reuel Marc Gerecht, Who's Afraid of Abu Ghraib?, Weekly Standard, 24-May-2004, Accessed 24-April-2009
- Iran Energy Project, "About", Iran Energy Project website, accessed on 8 November 2010