Built Environment All-Party Parliamentary Group
The Built Environment Group Group exists 'to promote excellence in the built environment.'
The Construction Industry Council defined the group in the following way:
- 'The group’s primary remit is to present a holistic and overarching view from all sectors involved in the planning, design, construction, management and maintenance of the built environment.The built environment encompasses all forms of building (housing, industrial, commercial, hospitals, schools, etc., and civil engineering infrastructure, both above and below ground and includes the managed landscapes between and around buildings.'
Officers, November 2015-April 2016
- Chair: Oliver Colvile - Conservative Party
- Vice-chair: Helen Hayes - Labour
- Vice-chair: Maria Miller - Conservative Party
- Vice-chair: Earl John Lytton - Crossbench
- Treasurer: Lord William Howie - Labour 
- Conservative Party: Sir Tony Baldry | Paul Uppal | David Amess | Jane Ellison | Andrew Griffiths | Dr Phillip Lee | Jessica Lee | Penny Mordaunt | David Mowat | Laura Sandys
- Labour: Lord William Howie of Toon| David Wright | John Spellar | Clive Betts | Luciana Berger | Adrian Bailey | Ian Lucas | Jack Dromey | Nic Dakin | Nick Raynsford | Paul Farrely | Earl John Lytton | Earl James Erskine 
- Jointchair: Tom Cox MP (Lab)
- Jointchair: Sir Sydney Chapman MP (Con)
- Vicechair: Lord Davies of Coity (Lab)
- Secretary: David Chidgey MP (LD)
- Treasurer: Lord Gregson (Lab)
- Contact: Douglas Smith , Parliamentary Monitoring Services, 19 Douglas Street, London SW1P 4PA. Tel: 020 7828 0828
The Construction Industry Council acts as the group's secretariat.
It was registered in June 2015 that the Construction Industry Council had paid (in bands of £1,500) £1,501-£3,000 toward the cost of printing reports on the group.
Register of interests
Parliamentary Monitoring Services Ltd provides secretarial services. 23 October 2002: Hanover Housing Association sponsored a lunch in the Commons (registered November 2002). 26 November 2002: Group sponsored a reception in the Commons to launch the Foundations Trust, who paid for the occasion (registered November 2002). 17 September 2003: Seminar followed by lunch funded by the Fire Safety Development Group (registered September 2003). 22 October 2003: Seminar at Commons funded by Hanover Housing Associates (registered October 2003).
Westminster Advisers Ltd provides secretarial services. 20 June 2005 seminar funded by the Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment and Parliamentary Perceptions Ltd (registered July 2005).
Douglas Smith is Director, Parliamentary Monitoring Services Ltd; Managing Director, Westminster Advisers Ltd; Chairman, Political Intelligence Ltd (all are political intelligence and advisory consultancies).
- All-Party Parliamentary Group
- All-Party Parliamentary Groups in the House of Commons: Subject Groups
- All-Party Parliamentary Groups in the House of Commons: Country Groups
- "Register of All-Party Groups", United Kingdom Parliament. (List dated 16 September 2004.)
- Built Environment APPG, www.parliament.uk, accessed 20 November 2015
- CIC Services, Construction Industry Council, accessed 20 November 2015
- Built Environment APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 18 February 2016
- Built Environment APPG, Register 28 April 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 11 May 2016