He was an Opposition Whip, 1996-97, an Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) 1997-9 and a Lord Commissioner (HM Treasury) (Whip) 1998-01.
Suspicious about fracking
Speaking in the House of Commons in December 2015, Betts said:
- 'Everyone gets suspicious about fracking. Many people do not trust the Government on the issue. They think that, as the Government want to go fracking all over the place and national parks do not, the Government are probably happy to do it and have somewhat brought those suspicions on themselves. Perhaps the Government could make an absolutely clear statement that there is no way in which this proposed new clause gives any extension of planning powers or anything else that could possibly affect fracking in national parks'. 
Betts has an inconsistent voting record on fracking. 
- 26 January 2015: voted for making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. He was absent however for a vote to amend the Infrastructure Bill to include a moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: voted against requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: voted against loosening the conditions for when fracking can take place in protected areas and national parks.
- United Kingdom-United Arab Emirates All-Party Parliamentary Group, member
- All-Party Parliamentary Football Group - Chair
- Andrea Fischetti | James Thomas - Overseas visit 14-18 February 2016 to Jerusalem and the West Bank with political delegation. Fateh UK funded subsistence, accommodation and travel. 
- Address: First Floor, Barkers Pool House, Burgess Street, Sheffield, S1 2HF
- Telephone: 0114 275 7788
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 5114
- Fax: 020 7219 2289
- Email: email@example.com
Web & Social media
- Mr Clive Betts, UK Parliament, 10 September 2013.
- Publications and records, Parliament.uk, accessed 1 December 2016.
- Clive Betts, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 1 December 2016.
- Football APPG,www.parliament.uk, accessed 18 November 2015
- Register Of Interests Of Members' Secretaries And Research Assistants 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 19 April 2016