Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- 1 Background
- 2 History
- 3 Funding and finances
- 4 People
- 5 Affiliations
- 6 Publications
- 7 Contact details, Resources, Notes
According to the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) website, they "aim to improve the quality of life for all through cultural and sporting activities, to support the pursuit of excellence and to champion the tourism, creative and leisure industries."
Advertising and the DCMS
The DCMS works together with the advertising industry in order that it can succeed as a creative industry. It works with the following advertising industry bodies: the Advertising Association, the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising, the Incorporated Society of British Advertisers, and the Advertising Standards Authority.
Funding and finances
- Jonathan Stephens Permanent Secretary
- John Whittingdale was appointed Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport in May 2015.
- Ed Vaizey was appointed Minister of State for Culture and the Digital Economy on 15 July 2014.
- Baroness Neville-Rolfe was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary in 2014.
- Tracey Crouch was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary in 2015.
- Baroness Shields was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary in 2015.
- Rt Hon Andy Burnham MP Secretary of State for Culture, Media & Sport
- Gerry Sutcliffe MP Minister for Sport
- Barbara Follett MP Minister for Culture, Creative Industries & Tourism
- Stephen Carter CBE Minister for Communications, Technology and Broadcasting, working jointly for DCMS and the Department for Business, Enterprise Regulatory & Reform (BERR)
- Rt Hon Tessa Jowell MP Minister for the Olympics - working out of Cabinet Office
- Helen Grant is the Minister for Sport, Tourism & Equalities.
- Sajid Javid MP, was Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport from 9 April 2014 to May 2015. Now business secretary at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Carrie Symonds - special adviser to John Whittingdale since May 2015.
- Mimi Macejkova - special adviser to John Whittingdale since May 2015.
- Ray Gallagher - senior policy adviser to John Whittingdale since June 2015.
- Nick King - worked in the Department for Culture from 2012 to 2015 under Maria Miller and Sajid Javid. Now works with Javid in his current role at BIS.
- Salma Shah - worked in the Department for Culture from 2014 to 2015 under Sajid Javid and now works with Javid in his current role at BIS.
Partnerships and Programmes
Government Olympic Executive
Other Executive Committee members
Contact details, Resources, Notes
- Address: UK Government Department 2-4 Cockspur Street, London SW1Y 5DH
- Phone: 020 7211 6200
- Website: http://www.culture.gov.uk/index.aspx
- The DCMS website advertising, accessed 12 February 2009