Dinner with lobbyists
Details of the attendees and seating plans of the Conservative's 2013 summer ball, an event where tickets cost up to £12,000 each and allows attendees to sit at the table with ministers, were leaked by the Guardian. It revealed that Whittingdale sat at a table hosted by David Burnside, which included Samantha and David Cameron and one of Vladimir Putin's aides Vasily Shestakov.
- Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Intellectual Property Group 2010-2011.
Special advisers and aides
- Jane Merrick, Brian Brady, James Hanning and Andy McCorkell, Revealed: Senior MP's secret links to Murdoch, The Independent, 17 July 2011.
- John Whittingdale, www.parliament.uk, accessed 14 October 2011.
- BBC News John Whittingdale becomes UK culture secretary, 11 May 2015, accessed 11 May 2015.
- 'Whos in and whos out? May's new cabinet' 14 July 2016, BBC News, accessed 15 July 2016
- Melanie Newman Russian front: Cameron’s encounter with Putin friend at Tory party The Bureau of Investigative Journalism, 1 July 2014, accessed 17 October 2014