The Westminster Forum says that 'Founded in 1976, we are an independent, non-partisan and not-for-profit organisation.' It claims that 'We are not lobbyists', yet most of its directors are actually professional lobbyists. (The forum should not be confused with the separate lobbying venture Westminster Forum Projects)
Westminster forum account
- Our funding comes entirely from corporate subscriptions and sponsorship. Membership is by subscription currently £1650 per annum. This entitles companies to send one or more of their staff – and where appropriate key clients – to our meetings.
- The forums are usually held over breakfast (7.45 am to 9.15 am) or lunch (12.30 until 2.15pm) at a City or central London location and are hosted by one of our corporate members. We also hold occasional small dinners with a guest speaker. Our speakers normally give a 10 or 15 minute introduction on an appropriate topic followed by a question and answer session with our members. We follow Chatham House rules.
- Westminster Forum has established a reputation for the quality, prominence and accessibility of our speakers. They are drawn mainly from the world of politics, administration and business.
- Adam Bruce | Sir Michael Craig-Cooper | Giles Deards | Leith McGrandle | Noorzaman Rashid | John Sacher | Richard Simmons | Karl Snowden | Brenda Stern | Sam Walker | Miles Webber
Recent Speakers listed on the Forum website (2008)
Nick Herbert MP Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs | Rt Hon Stephen Timms MP Financial Secretary, HM Treasury | Francis Maude MP Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office | Philip Hammond MP Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury | Tom Scholar Managing Director International & Finance, HM Treasury | Dave Hartnett CB Acting Chairman, HM Revenue & Customs | Chris Grayling MP Shadow Secretary of State for Work & Pensions | James O'Shaughnessy Director of Research and Policy, Conservative Party | Kitty Ussher MP Economic Secretary to the Treasury | Rachel Lomax Deputy Governor, Monetary Policy, Bank of England | Julia Goldsworthy MP Liberal Democrat Shadow Secretary of State for Communities & Local Government | Paul Stephenson QPM Deputy Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis | Justine Greening Shadow Treasury Minister | David Lewis The Rt Hon the Lord Mayor | Andy Burnham Chief Secretary to the Treasury | Clive Briault Managing Director, Financial Services Authority | The Rt Hon Stephen Timms MP Minister of State for Competitiveness | David Willetts MP Shadow Secretary of State for Innovation, Universities & Skills | Mark Britnell Director General for Commissioning and System Management, NHS | Sir Brian Bender Permanent Secretary, Department of Trade & Industry | Rt Hon Francis Maude MP Chairman of the Conservative Party | Sir John Grant KCMG UK Permanent Representative to the EU | Kate Barker CBE Monetary Policy Committee, Bank of England | David Johnson Deputy Chief of Mission, US Embassy London | Chris Huhne MP Lib Dem Shadow Environment Secretary | Phil Wynn Owen Director General for Strategy and Pensions at the Department for Work and Pensions | Sir Peter Ricketts KCMG Permanent Under Secretary & Head of the Diplomatic Service | Peter Freeman Chairman, Competition Commission | Sir John Gieve Deputy Governor - Financial Stability, Bank of England | The Rt Hon Lord Falconer of Thoroton QC Secretary of State for Constitutional Affairs and Lord Chancellor | Nick Clegg MP | Lib Dem Shadow Home Secretary 
- Westminster Forum Limited
- Suite 3, 98 Addison Road
- Holland Park, London W14 8DD
- Tel: 020 7603 5500 Fax: 020 7603 5522
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.w-forum.org.uk/ (no longer active). The Internet Archive has four copies of the site, all from 2008: http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://www.w-forum.org.uk/aboutus/
- Web:http://westminster-forum.org/ (active as at 2011)