| LM network resources
Tom Ogg (born 22 December 1984) is a pupil barrister. He is associated with the libertarian anti-environmental LM network in that he is a governor of East London Science School (appointed 16/10/2012), has spoken at the Battle of Ideas , and an Institute of Ideas Education Forum , is a signatory in support of Academics For Academic Freedom  and is an alumni of Debating Matters .
Tom Ogg has a BA in Politics, Philosophy and Economics, Christi College, University of Oxford; and an MSc sociology, Nuffield College, University of Oxford. Ogg then worked for the conservative think tank Civitas.
According to Ogg:
- Meeting people through DM was an important stepping stone for me into serious politics and issue-based campaigning. It was also the inspiration for a debating society that I set up at Oxford - known as ‘the Hive’ - which ran on the DM spirit of critical engagement with ideas. I rather objected to the grandstanding ways at the Oxford Union, you see. Through the Hive, I met a whole other lot of people who shaped my ideas, and became very useful future contacts (they are now journalists, academics, politicians and so on) - and none of that would have happened in quite the same way were it not for my experiences with DM and then the Hive. I worked with some of those people in a campaign to protect medical research using animal experimentation at Oxford University, which was called ‘Pro-Test’.
- Doing DM was also important from a career and networking perspective, because through the competition, and one of the Institute of Ideas’ conferences, I met someone who ultimately gave me my first job at Civitas, working on the London Boxing Academy Community Project.
- Data from Companies House, accessed 28 August 2013
- "Team” East London Science School website, accessed 2 Sept 2013
- ”Tom Ogg” Battle of ideas website, accessed 30 Aug 2013
- Education Forum Institute of Ideas, accessed 30 Aug 2013
- Signatures" accessed 30 Aug 2013
- Debating Matters Alumni: Tom Ogg, accessed 30 Aug 2013