Norman Lamont was the British Chancellor of the Exchequer from 1990 to 1993 and an MP for 25 years. He was raised to the peerage as Baron Lamont of Lerwick, of Lerwick in the Shetland Islands in 1998.
From his biography on buy-out investment firm BC Partners:
- Lord Lamont joined BC Partners as a senior advisor in 2013. Norman is also a director or advisor to a number of companies in the financial sector including Stanhope Capital, Jupiter Second Split and the Small Companies Dividend Trust.
- ...He was Chairman of the EU Finance Ministers in 1992 and the G7 Finance Ministers in 1993. He has been a member of the House of Lords since 1998 and he was previously a director of NM Rothschild and Rothschild Asset Management, and an advisor to Monsanto and the Western Union Corporation. 
According to his former profile at Benador Associates:
- he has since 1996 been Chairman of Le Cercle, a foreign policy Club founded by German Chancellor Adenauer after the War with members from over twenty-five countries. This group, which meets bi-annually in Washington DC, includes many senior intelligence experts and has a particular interest in the War against Terrorism.
The Evening Standard reported in 2003 that Lamont was attending a Le Cercle gathering in Salzburg.
- Britain is represented by, among others, spy writer and former Tory MP Rupert Allason, Tory Deputy Leader Michael Ancram, Shadow Foreign Affairs Minister Alan Duncan, former GEC and Warburg director Sir Ronald Grierson, Lord Lamont, Lt Col Tim Spicer of Aegis Defence Services and Sir Stephen Lander, former head of MI5. Is this a new Bilderberg Group in the making?
- Bow Group Chairman 1971-72
- Bruges Group Vice-President
- British Iranian Chamber of Commerce Chairman
- British Romanian Chamber of Commerce President
- Iran Heritage Foundation Member, Advisory Board
- Consensus Business Group (formerly Rotch Property) Consultant
- MerchantBridge & Co (investment company) Member, Advisory Board,
- Hermitage Global Fund Member, Advisory Board
- Le Cercle Chairman as of 13 October 2008.
- Adviser to BC Partners (private equity firm)
- Consultant, Stanhope Capital LLP (investment management and advisory services)
- Member, Advisory Board, Abraaj Corporation (private equity manager)
- Adviser, Mutual Finance
- Member, Investments Advisory Board, Halkin Investments
- Chairman, Small Companies Dividend Trust
- Director, Compagnie Internationale de Participations Bancaires et Financieres (Investment Company) (partly paid through Fintrade)
- Director, Jupiter Second Split Trust plc
- Director, Phorm Inc (personalisation technologies)
- Balli Group plc (steel and commodity trading house) Director
- RAB Capital plc Non-executive Director 2004-2012, also served as Chairman
- TheyWorkForYou, Mr Norman Lamont - Former MP for Kingston upon Thames
- Lord Lamont of Lerwick, www.parliament.uk, accessed 1 June 2010.
- About Us, BC Partners, acc 17 February 2014
- Lord Lamont of Lerwick, Benador Associates, via the Internet Archive, archived 22 August 2008, accessed 1 June 2010.
- Damien McCrystal, Spooky Tale from Salzburg, Evening Standard, 25 September 2003.
- REGISTER OF LORDS' INTERESTS, www.parliament.uk, 13 October 2008.
- Lord Lamonth of Lerwick Parliament.UK, accessed 19 December 2014
- Interest amendments Parliament.UK, accessed 19 December 2014