| LM network resources
The Salons debating initiative is associated with the libertarian anti-environmental LM network. The first salon was founded in New York in 2005.  The first salon in the UK was Brighton in 2005: "The Salon revival began in 2005 when the Brighton Salon was launched by Dan Travis, Sean Bell and Rob Clowes."  The three comprised a book club reading Capital Vol. 1.  Manchester Salon was launched in 2006: "The Manchester Salon was inspired after a trip to London for the Battle of Ideas in 2006, and a desire to bring some of the flavour of those very engaging debates to Manchester - at least in between the annual Battle of Ideas festival." The Salons are described by the Institute of Ideas which promotes their events as “inspired by the Institute of Ideas and run independently by groups and individuals across the country.”  Their organisers, speakers, themes and views are typical of the LM network and they in turn promote entities associated with the LM network such as the Battle of Ideas, Culture Wars, Institute of Ideas, Manifesto Club and Spiked. The Dublin Salon was launched in early 2015.
The Salon registered its URL: dublinsalon.org on 6 November 2014.
The Dublin Salon does not advertise who is associated with it. Its website registrant has used 'Domains by proxy' to ensure that the identity of the registrant is not public:
- Domain Name:DUBLINSALON.ORG
- Domain ID: D174428156-LROR
- Creation Date: 2014-11-06T15:42:40Z
- Updated Date: 2015-01-06T03:46:52Z
- Registry Expiry Date: 2017-11-06T15:42:40Z
- Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
- Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
- Registrant ID:CR180604748
- Registrant Name:Registration Private
- Registrant Organization:Domains By Proxy, LLC
- Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
- Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
- Registrant City:Scottsdale
- Registrant State/Province:Arizona
- Registrant Postal Code:85260
- Registrant Country:US
- Registrant Phone:+1.4806242599
- Name Server:NS1.BLUEHOST.COM
- Name Server:NS2.BLUEHOST.COM
The first ten followers of the Salon's Twitter feed were mostly known LM Network adherents, in reverse order:
- 10 Pauline Hadaway @paulinehadaway
- 9 Laura Rooney Ferris @LauraRooneyF
- 8 Steve Daley @stevedaley
- 7 Zurich Salon @ZurichSalon
- 6 Colin Higgins @ColinHiggins
- 5 Jacob Reynolds @jacobreynolds91
- 4 Tom Slater @Tom_Slater_ (Assistant editor at @spikedonline).
- 3 Paul Thomas @PaulThomas89 (co-founder of @theleedssalon, writes regularly for its sister-journal @fipa_journal & Leeds-based @culturevultures blog)
- 2 Leeds Salon @theleedssalon
- 1 Brett A. Becker @brettabecker
- Previous Events, New York salon website, accessed 31 Oct 2010
- Calling All Great Thinkers: The East Midlands Needs You!, Derby University website, accessed 10 Dec 2010
- Dan Travis, Brighton Salon website, accessed 2 Jan 2011
- About the Salon, Manchester Salon website, accessed 31 Oct 2010
- Newsletter -June 2010, Institute of Ideas website, accessed 31 May 2010
- Data retrieved from Whois.net on 18 February 2015.
- Twitter Dublin Salon: followers. Accessed 18 February 2015.