Tax Professionals Forum
The Tax Professionals Forum was set up by the Coalition Government in July 2010 to oversee implementation of its reforms to the framework for developing tax policy and making tax law. It is chaired by the Exchequer Secretary David Gauke MP.
The Forum meets bi-annually. Gauke chaired its inaugural meeting on the 22nd September 2010. All members of the Forum were present.
The Forum's remit is to support the Exchequer Secretary, HM Treasury and HMRC in identifying improvements to the way in which the Government makes tax policy, rather than provide a forum for debating specific policy issues. This includes consideration of:
- the way in which policy is developed;
- the way in which policy and changes in policy are communicated; and
- the way in which policy is legislated and implemented. 
Members of the Forum:
- Malcolm Gammie CBE QC, research director for the IFS Tax Law Committee.
- Vincent Oratore CTA (Fellow), former president of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and a partner at Ernst & Young.
- Chris Sanger, global director of tax policy at Ernst & Young and chairman of the tax faculty of the ICAEW.
- Jane McCormick, UK head of tax at KPMG.
- Richard Stratton, partner at Travers Smith.
- Philip Baker OBE, QC, Grays Inn Tax Chambers and Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London.
- Stephen Herring, head of taxation at Institute of Directors.
- Francesca Lagerberg, head of tax at Grant Thornton.
- Anita Monteith, tax faculty technical manager at ICAEW.
- Stephen Coleclough, president of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Andy Richens, tax technical director at Bishop Fleming.