David Gauke is the Conservative Party MP for South West Hertfordshire. In the May 2015 election, Gauke retained his seat with a majority of 23,263.
Gauke was educated at Northgate High School in Ipswich, he went on to read law at St Edmund Hall, Oxford University. After a year of working as a parliamentary researcher, he attended Chester College of Law where he became a trainee solicitor. 
- Conservative Friends of Israel - Gauke revealed in 2006 during a debate about Britain's Iran Policy that he had recently been flown to Israel by on trip funded by CFI.
- 'Whos in and whos out? May's new cabinet' 14 July 2016, BBC News, accessed 15 July 2016
- Full list of new cabinet ministers and other government appointments, guardian.co.uk, 13 May 2010.
- Ministerial appointments: July 2014, Prime Minister's Office, 15 July 2014.
- Financial secretary to the treasury David Gauke MP GOV.UK, accessed 10 October 2014
- BPCIF, "David Gauke MP: Iran has an appalling record of exporting terror", British Parliamentary Committee for Iran Freedom, 1 February 2006, accessed on 22 December 2010