Paul Wilkinson: Publications
Publications by Paul Wilkinson
- P. Wilkinson, Social Movement, Macmillan 1971
- P. Wilkinson, Political Terrorism London: Macmillan, 1974.
- P Wilkinson, Terrorism versus Liberal Democracy: The problems of response (1976) published by the Institute for the Study of Conflict, 19 pages. ISBN 090336641X, Conflict Studies ; no. 67
- Wilkinson, Paul (1977) Terrorism and the Liberal State, London: Macmillan.
- P Wilkinson, Terrorism: International Dimensions: answering the challenge (1979) published by the Institute for the Study of Conflict, 19 pages. Conflict studies, no. 113
- The New Fascists (1981) London : Grant McIntyre, 1981.
- Murder Incorporated: A Sketch of the PIRA London: Central Office of Information, January 1982.
- Orange Extremism and Terrorism in Northern Ireland, London: Central Office of Information, January 1982.
- The New Fascists (second edition) (1983) London : Pan, 1983. viii,231p.,p. of plates : ill.,
- Terrorism and the Liberal State (second edition) (1986)
- The lessons of Lockerbie : a special report on aviation security to mark the first anniversary of the air disaster / Paul Wilkinson, London : Research Institute for the Study of Conflict and Terrorism, 1989, Conflict Studies 226, Research
- The fight against terrorism / by Paul Wilkinson ; additional material by Robert Chisholm, Toronto, Canada : Washington, D.C., U.S.A. : Mackenzie Institute for the Study of Terrorism, Revolution and Propaganda ; National Intelligence Book Center [distributor], 1989. 32 p. ; ISBN 0921877137 : Series Mackenzie paper ; no. 14 
- Terrorist target and tactics: new risks to world order by Wilkinson, Paul. Published in 1990, Research Institute for the Study of Conflict and Terrorism, 21p. ISBN 0948879432, Conflict Studies 236
- The Victims of Terrorism research report of the Airey Neave Trust (1994) Produced following a research project 'The Victims of Terrorism' (£30,000 over 2 years to 1992) funded by the Trust
- Combating International Terrorism (1995) London : Institute of Jewish Affairs, 1995. 15 p. Institute of Jewish Affairs reports ; no. 1. "February 1995." "A publication of the Institute of Jewish Affairs in partnership with the American Jewish Committee."
- Inquiry into Legislation Against Terrorism volume two, research report (1996)
- Terrorism versus Democracy The Liberal State Response by Paul Wilkinson ISBN10 0714681652 | ISBN13 9780714681658 | Publication Date: 1st November 2000, Frank Cass.
- Addressing the new international terrorism : prevention, intervention and multilateral cooperation / Joseph S. Nye, Jr., Yukio Satoh, Paul Wilkinson. Triangle papers ; 56 Washington, D.C. ; [Great Britain] : Trilateral Commission, 2003. viii, 31 p. Report to the Trilateral Commission 2003 annual meeting.
- International terrorism : the changing threat and the EU’s response / Paul Wilkinson. Paris : Institute for Security Studies, European Union, 2005. 53 p. : ill. ; Chaillot paper, ISSN 1017-7566 ; no. 84.
- Terrorism Versus Democracy: The Liberal State Response, Second Edition revised and updated (2006) Frank Cass.
- Paul Wilkinson, (2007) International Relations: A Very Short Introduction, OUP
Edited and Co-Edited Books
- Terrorism : theory and practice / edited by Yonah Alexander, David Carlton, and Paul Wilkinson. Boulder, Colo. : Westview Press, 1979. xiii, 280 p. ; 24 cm. Westview special studies in national and international terrorism) "Papers presented at two academic seminars, sponsored by the Institute for Studies in International Terrorism (State University of New York) and held at the Polytechnic of North London in January 1976 and December 1977."
- P. Wilkinson (Ed.) (1981) British Perspectives on Terrorism, London: George Allen and Unwin, First published in 1981 as Vol 5 Nos 1 and 2 Terrorism: An International Journal, Crane Russak. p.9.
- Wilkinson, Paul and Stewart, Alasdair (eds) (1987) Contemporary Research on Terrorism. Aberdeen: Aberdeen University Press. ('This book originated from the international academic research conference on research on terrorism, held at Aberdeen University under the auspices of the Department of Politicas and International Relations, 15-17 April 1986... The editors would like to express their gratitude to the contributors for their cooperation ... and to the eminent scholars who served as chairmen of the specialist panels: Professor Raymond Corrado, Professor J Dautricourt, Professor WF Gutteridge, Dr Robert Kuppermann, Dr. David Rapoport, Dr Edna Reid, Professor Todd Sandler, Professor Marco Sassoli, Dr Robert W Taylor, and Dr Maurice Tugwell'.
- Technology and Terrorism (1993) Edited by Paul Wilkinson, London: Routledge.('The editor gratefully acknowledges the assistance of the following...: The Research Institute for the Study of Conflict and Terrorism; University of St Andrews, and the National Strategy Information Center (NSIC) Washington, for co-sponsoring and organizing the 24-26 August 1992 seminar for experts on technology and terrorism held at St Andrews; Dr. Roy Godson , Mr Tom Diaz and Mr Eric Singer pf NSIC; Mr Frank Brenchley, CMG, Chairman of RISCT'
- Terrorism: British Perspectives (1993) edited by Paul Wilkinson. Aldershot: Dartmouth, 1993. International library of terrorism ; 1.
- Aviation Terrorism and Security edited by Paul Wilkinson and Brian M. Jenkins. ISBN10 0714644633 | ISBN13 9780714644639 | Publication Date: 1st March 1999 | Edition: Revised edition | London : Frank Cass, 177 p. : ill.( Cass series on political violence, ISSN 1365-0580)
- Terrorism and human rights / edited by: Magnus Ranstorp and Paul Wilkinson. Terrorism and political violence, Terrorism and human rights (International conference) (2003 Jul : St Andrews, Fife) ISSN 0954-6553 ; vol 17 no 1-2 2005 Taylor & Francis, 2005.
- Paul Wilkinson, (Ed.), (2007) Homeland Security in the UK, London: Routledge.
- Terrorism and human rights / editors, Magnus Ranstorp, Paul Wilkinson. London : Routledge, 2008. xviii, 283 p.
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Wilkinson, P. (1973) 'Three Questions on Terrorism', Government and Opposition, 8(3), Summer: 290-312.
- Wilkinson, Paul (1986) Trends in international terrorism and the american response. In: Freedman, L., Hill, C. (Eds.), Terrorism and International Order, Routledge and Kegan Paul, London. pp. 37-55. Terrorism and international order / Lawrence Freedman and Christopher Hill (Eds) London ; New York : Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1986. 107 p. : ill. ; ISBN 0710211414 (pbk.) : 0710211414 (pbk.) 0710208936 Chatham House special paper. The Royal Institute of International Affairs.
- Wilkinson, Paul (1987) 'Kidnap and Ransom' in P Wilkinson and A Stewart, Contemporary Research on Terrorism. Aberdeen : Aberdeen University Press.
- Wilkinson, Paul (1987) 'Can a State be Terrorist?', International Affairs. 57 : 467-472. (PDF) (Despite the title this piece does not deal at length with whther a state can be terrorist. It is mainly a digest of recent books on terrorism).
- Wilkinson, Paul (1988) 'The Future of Terrorism', Futures. Vol 20 No 5, October : 493-504.
- Wilkinson, Paul (1990) 'Terrorism and Propaganda' in Y. Alexander R. and Latter (eds) Terrorism and the Media: Dilemmas for Government, Journalists and the Public, Washington: Brassey's
Press and other media articles
- Paul Wilkinson, ‘Protecting innocents’, The Observer, 23 November 1980, p.12
- Wilkinson, P. (2002a) ‘The War Without Frontiers’, Scotland on Sunday, 8 September.
- Airey Neave Trust Past research, accessed 6 January 2009
- From the Preface, p. ix
- Wilkinson wrongly calls the NSIC a 'Council'. Its name ends with the word 'Center'.
- From the Acknowledgements of the book, retrieved from Google Books, 6 january 2008