Vincent de Rivaz
Vincent de Rivaz is the French boss of EDF Energy, the UK's biggest power generator.
Playing down Fukushima
In July 2011, four months after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, de Rivaz made a speech to the Energy Industries Club in which he asked "what impact has Fukushima had? Has it fundamentally altered the process?" He continued: "The answer is no."
He said that the "new nuclear programme in the UK should not be subject to unnecessary delay". He thanked the Energy Minister Charles Hendry, who was also at the meeting. He said: "Charles is held in high regard throughout the industry. I would like to thank him and his colleagues across Government for the leadership they have demonstrated in recent months".
Nuclear Industry Council
- Prince Charles appointed de Rivaz as his Business Ambassador in 2009
- Chris Huhne, former Energy Minister until 2012 is reportedly a friend
Resources and Notes
- INTERVIEW: Tom McGhie, EDF boss Vincent de Rivaz leads nuclear power battle and warns there's no plan B to keep the lights on, Evening Standard, 23 June 2012 | UPDATED: 12:45 GMT, 24 June 2012, acc 25 August 2012
- Vincent de Rivaz Statement at Nuclear Development Forum 15th May 2012
- Vincent de Rivaz, NUCLEAR NEW BUILD 2011 - The road to Final Investment Decisions, EDF, 5 July 2011