Terence Mordaunt is co-owner of the cargo handling business Bristol Port Company.
Top Brexit 'leave' donor
|Part of the Powerbase Brexit Portal.|
Joins board of climate sceptic think tank
In April 2017 Mordaunt joined the board of the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) think tank run by Nigel Lawson. Other board members include British businessmen Edward Atkin CBE and Neil Record. 
Asked in 2019 about his involvement with the organisation, Mordaunt said the Global Warming Policy Foundation “gets a lot of stick” but “does a lot of good work”. He told openDemocracy that:
- 'No one has proved yet that carbon dioxide is the culprit (of climate change). It may not be. If you ask me should we just put carbon dioxide in the air I would say ‘no’. And that is the stance of the Global Warming Policy Foundation. It is a credible theory,” Mordaunt said.
- Asked if he would like to see the UK government change its policy on climate change, he said: “There is one thing for certain. Electricity bills are about 20 per cent higher than they would be…I worry about electricity costs, particularly for the port".'
- Alec Saelens, Adam Cantwell-Corn and Alon Aviram, Exclusive: Fracking risks hidden by Mayor from Councillors and public, Bristol Cable, 3 May, 2016
- Adam Payne and Will Martin, The 21 biggest donors to the Brexit campaign, Business Insider, 9 May 2017.
- GWPF, TERENCE MORDAUNT JOINS GWPF BOARD OF DIRECTORS, Press release, 4 April 2017
- Peter Geoghegan, Revealed: Climate change denier makes big donations to Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt, OpenDemocracy, 12 June 2019