Hunt was previously appointed Secretary of State for Culture, Media, and Sport in the incoming coalition government in May 2010.
On 15 May 2008, Hunt received a donation from John Lewis of Dorset. on 15-20 August 2008, he was funded by Lewis to attend the Olympic Games in Beijing. On 17 June 2009, Lewis paid £800 for Hunt to attend the Conservative Party's Summer Party. On 22 September 2009 he received a donation of £5,000 from Daisy Lewis. Hunt used a donation from John Lewis to visit New York from 30 August to 4 September 2009; where he met with representatives of News Corp (including Wall Street Journal), Fox Five and WNET. On 11 May 2012, the Groucho Club donated the £1,435 cost of a networking event to enable Hunt and Ed Vaizey to meet 'sector leaders from the arts and creative industries'.
- £3,000 from Andrew Law in April 2014
- £2,000 from Francis T Viveash in April 2014
- £2,500 from Roger Wise in November 2014
- £2,500 from Robert Lewis in November 2014
- £2,500 from Chris Hone in November 2014
- £4,419.56 from Sir Ray Tindle in November 2014
Dinner with lobbyists
A seating plan of the Conservative Party's Black and White Ball, in February 2014, was leaked to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism in October 2014. The party, which guests pay between £450 and £1000 for a ticket, seats diners with the minister most relevant to them. It revealed that Hunt sat with Peter de Putron, an offshore financier and Jersey’s Treasury minister, Philip Ouzouf. 
- Sue Beeby - September 2012
- Juliette Jowit, Shiv Malik and Haroon Siddique, Cabinet reshuffle: who has moved so far?, guardian.co.uk, 4 September 2012.
- Her Majesty’s Government, Number10.gov.uk, accessed 12 May 2010.
- Email talk announcement, POLIS, 22 October 2008
- Changes to the Register of Members' Interests, theyworkforyou.com, accessed 2 July 2014.
- Electoral Commission, Donation search, accessed 2 March 2015
- The Register of Members' Financial Interests: Part 1As at 9th March 2015 www.parliament.uk, accessed 18 March 2015
- Melanie Newman, Nick Mathiason and Tom Warren Doorstep lender and property moguls amongst guests worth £22bn at Tory fundraiser Bureau of Investigative Journalism, 12 October 2014, accessed 14 October 2014