Nigel Adams is the UK Conservative Party MP for Selby and Ainsty. In August 2010 he was appointed as parliamentary private secretary (PPS) to the leader of the House of Lords and chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, Lord Strathclyde.
Stance on fracking
Adams's Selby and Ainsty constituency hosts seven oil and gas licence blocks, awarded to energy companies by the Oil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015.  Two of the licenses went to Alkane Energy, two to Europa, one to Celtique Energy, one to Cuadrilla and one to Hutton Energy. Across these blocks, there are plans to conduct '2D and 3D seismic surveying', a total of three new shale wells and one hrz frac well. No applications for shale gas exploration are currently underway.
Adams has voted a mixture of for and against increased regulation on fracking. 
- 26 January 2015: voted against making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. He voted against an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18-month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: voted in favour of requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: voted in favour of greater regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
MP's Register of interests
- Name of donor: Eggborough Power Limited
Address of donor: Eggborough Power Station, Eggborough, Selby, North Yorkshire DN140BS Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): air travel and accommodation with a value of approximately £5,460.37 Destination of visit: Florida, USA Date of visit: 27-31 October 2013 Purpose of visit: to attend the third United States Industrial Pellet Association Conference and deliver keynote speech in my capacity as Chairman of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Biomass. (Registered 12 November 2013)
Secretaries and research assistants
- Malin Baker Bogue - attended visit to Israel 2-9 November 2015 on Conservative Friends of Israel delegation. 
- Howard Ferguson
- William Hanley
- Associate Parliamentary Group for Energy Studies
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Biomass
- All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group
- Conservative Friends of Israel
- About Nigel, Nigel Adams MP, accessed 3 February 2012.
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Nigel Adams], TheyWorkForYou, accessed 14 November 2016.
- Register of Interests of Members' Secretaries and Research Assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 18 April 2016
- Martin Bright, Friends groups head to Israel, Jewish Chronicle, 20 September 2012, accessed 15 October 2012