- The niche consultancy has sought "people of quality and experience" to provide "strategic advice and analysis" to companies, says Maclay, Montrose's executive chairman. Giving advice and analysis on public policy, reputational management, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility, the company opens its doors at a time when "corporate decisions need to be sharp", "to raise a good performance to an excellent one", says Maclay.
- Carl Bildt KCMG, Chairman, KREAB Group and Nordic Venture Network. Member of Board of Trustees RAND Corporation and Non-Executive Director of Legg Mason Inc (USA) . Director of Lundin Petroleum, Vostok Nafta, HiQ, and Öhmans (Sweden). Formerly Swedish Prime Minister, International High Representative in Bosnia, and Special Envoy of the UN Secretary-General to the Balkans.
- Mike Welton Chairman, Hanson plc. Chief Executive, Balfour Beatty plc, 1995 to 2004. Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering and of the Institution of Civil Engineers. Chairman of the UK Government's Railway Sector Advisory Group and Chairman, Global Solutions Ltd.
- Michael Maclay Executive Chairman, Montrose Associates, Former diplomat, journalist and editor, later Foreign Office political adviser and special adviser/chief spokesman at Office of High Representative, Bosnia. Latterly director of Hakluyt. Also Executive Director of the Franco-German-British Club of Three, and Chairman, Citizenship Foundation.
- Tom Rhodes Chief Operating Officer, Montrose Associates, Former New York Bureau Chief of The Sunday Times and Washington Correspondent for The Times. Latterly senior executive of one of UK's Hakluyt and Managing Director International of New York technology company, Exceed.