Caroline Preston was the Conservative Party's head of broadcasting from June 2015 to June 2016. She was formerly the deputy press officer to Downing Street and David Cameron. She earned £85,000 as as head of broadcasting at Number 10. 
In November 2016, she joined Stonehaven, a marketing and public affairs agency founded by Peter Lyburn, a former associate of Lynton Crosby. Stonehaven clients include Pepsico, House of Fraser and Cuadrilla. 
- John Harrington Conservative PR stalwarts Giles Kenningham and Caroline Preston take Downing Street comms roles PR Week, 12 June 2015, accessed 15 June 2015
- Nicholas Watt David Cameron heads north – to target the Great Ignored Guardian, 7 April 2010, accessed 4 June 2015.
- David Singleton, David Cameron’s key lieutenants line up for lobbying jobs, Totalpolitics, 29 November 2016. Accessed 6 December 2016.
- John Harrington, Ex-Downing Street broadcast chief Caroline Preston joins comms agency Stonehaven, PR Week, 23 November 2016. Accessed 6 December 2016.
- Stonehaven website, accessed 6 December 2016.