Anchorage Charitable Fund
The Anchorage Charitable Fund is a New York based foundation, directed by Elizabeth Varet, and is a known contributor to a host of anti-islam and counterjihad affiliated groups. Now the Middle Road Foundation.
- Elizabeth Varet, a director at American Securities Management
- David Steinmann — also a director at American Securities Management, a trustee for the Anchorage Charitable Fund and president of the William Rosenwald Family Fund, sits as a board member at Frank Gaffney’s Center for Security Policy.
According to researcher Eli Clifton in 2011
- The Varet family helps fund: Steve Emerson’s Investigative Project on Terrorism ($10,000); Counterterrorism & Security Education and Research Foundation ($15,000); Daniel Pipes’ Middle East Forum ($2,320,229.33); Frank Gaffney’s Center for Security Policy ($437,000); the Clarion Fund ($25,000); David Horowitz’s Freedom Center ($11,000) and Brigitte Gabriel’s American Congress for Truth ($125,000). 
- Between 2000-2009 the fund also gave counterjihad group the Middle East Forum a total of $252,230 in donations.
- Meet An Islamophobia Network Funder: The Varet And Rosenwald Family, ThinkProgress, 2 September 2011
- MEF Funding, rightweb.irc, accessed 29 January 2016