All-Party Parliamentary Water Group
According to the Register of Parliamentary Groups the purpose of the APPWG is 'To provide a focus for members to monitor government and regulatory policy and maintain a dialogue with consumers and those with an interest or a duty in relation to the environment and the water industry'.
What seems clear however is that the group is sponsored predominately by the private water utilities and their umbrella organisation Water UK. For details of the financial support they receive see the Register on the House of Commons Website .
In April 2008 the APPWG launched a report 'The Future of the UK Water Industry Sector' . Written by amongst others ex water minister for the UK Government, Elliot Morley MP, the report addresses consumer debt in water bills and issues of sustainable water use but mentions little of the huge price increases, profits and leakage rates that affects the industry .
Officers, February - April 2016
- Chair: Angela Smith - Labour
- Co-chair: Baroness Anne McIntosh of Peckering - Conservative Party
- Vice-chair: Neil Parish - Conservative Party
- Treasurer: Earl John Palmer of Selborne - Conservative Party 
Benefits in kind
Connect Communications is paid by Water UK, Future Water Association, Anglian Water, Wessex Water, Southern Water, Plastic Pipes Group, Gemserv, Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd to act as the secretariat for the group.It was registered in November 2015 that Connect has been paid (in bands of £1,500) £22,501-£24,000. 
The public enquiry point is James Moseley of Connect Communications.
Address: Third Floor, Millbank Tower, London SW1P 4QP
Tel: 020 7592 9592
- House of Commons Register of All Party Groups, Accessed 12 June 2008
- House of Commons register of All Party Groups, [], accessed 12 June 2008
- 'The Future of the UK Water Sector', Accessed 12 June 2008,
- The Telegraph 31/03/2007, 'Above-inflation water rates rise drains homes', Accessed 12 June 2008,
- Water APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 17 February 2016
- All-Party Parliamentary Water Group [Register as at 28 April 2016. ] parliament.uk, accessed 11 May 2016