- General Nick Carter in 2012, he was appointed “Honorary Colonel Commandant” in the British army’s “Media Operations Group” – one of the four units which were merged to form the 77th Brigade in 2015, which was called its ‘Number 5 Column’.
- Alex Aiken In 2019 he was promoted in the Army Reserve to 'Honorary Colonel Operational Media and Communications Group 77 Brigade 1 November 2019.
- Gordon MacMillan in September 2019 senior the Twitter staffer was exposed by Middle East Eye as a lieutenant in the Brigade. 
- Mark Lancaster (the unit’s Deputy Commander), former Conservative MP and armed forces minister.
- Tobias Ellwood Conservative MP and chair of the House of Commons defence committee (a Lieutenant Colonel in the unit).
- Counter Disinformation Cell (AKA Disinformation & Misinformation Unit) - DCMS is the lead department.
- Counter-Daesh Coalition Communications Cell
- Counter Disinformation and Media Development
- Conflict, Stability and Security Fund
- Government Information Cell
- CHRIS KING AND PROF. DAVID MILLER UK INFORMATION OPERATIONS IN THE TIME OF CORONAVIRUS What roles are secretive British army units 77th Brigade and Specialist Group Military Intelligence playing in the UK government’s battle against coronavirus? Declassified UK. 30 SEPTEMBER 2020.
- https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/637160/2017-06098.pdf FoI request.