Wyeth describes itself as 'a global leader in pharmaceuticals, consumer health care products, and animal health care products'.
Board of Directors
In 2008, Wyeth list their Board of Directors as comprising...
- Robert Essner - Chairman. Essner's biography describes how he joined Wyeth in 1989 and held a variety of senior positions (including Executive Vice-President, President & CEO) before becoming Chairman in 2003. Essner is also Chairman of the Children's Health Fund Corporate Council, a member of the Business Roundtable and Business Council, a member of the Board of Directors of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. Essner's past involvements include serving as Chairman of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America and 13 years service with Sandoz Pharmaceuticals Corporation (where he was named Chief Operating Officer in 1988).
- Robert M Amen - Amen's biography reports that he is also Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of International Flavors and Fragrances Inc., a member of the Advisory Board of the Deming Center at Columbia University, a member of the Committee to Encourage Corporate Philanthropy and serves on the Leadership Committee of the Lincoln Center Corporate Fund. Amen is also a member of the Board of Inner City Scholarship Fund, The Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association, serves on the Woodway Country Club Board of Governors and is a Knight of Malta. Before joining International Flavors and Fragrances Inc., Amen served 26 years with the International Paper Company, where he became President in 2003 until his retirement in 2006.
- John D Feerick - Feerick is Director of Group Health Insurance and the Sentinel Mutual Funds. He is also a Trustee of New York Medical College and the Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley and is an honorary member of the Board of Directors of the American Arbitration Association (where he was formerly the Chair). Feerick's biography describes how he is a Former Dean and Professor of Law at Fordham University School of Law (1982 until 2002 when he resumed a full professorship of law). He also served in a number of public positions, including membership on the New York State Law Revision Commission, Chairman of the New York State Commission on Government Integrity, and President of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York. He formerly chaired the Ethics Committee of the Dispute Resolution Section of the American Bar Association and a joint committee of the American Bar Association, American Arbitration Association and the Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution. He was a law practitioner (1961-1982) and Partner (1968-1982) with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom. Feerick was appointed as a Special Master of Family Homelessness in New York City (in 2003) and as Chair of the New York State Commission to Promote Public Confidence in Judicial Elections (in 2003). Feerick was also a member of the New York State Judicial Salary Commission, the Committee to Promote Public Trust and Confidence in the Legal System, the New York State Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Committee and the Chief Judge's Corporate Advisory Group. His biography reports that he has also chaired a number of other New York State Committees on legal matters but does not disclose further details. He also served as a member of a task force that helped develop the Twenty-Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- Frances D Fergusson - Fergusson's biography reports that she is President Emeritus at Vassar College, on the board of Overseers of Harvard University (from 6 years commencing 2002) and a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. She is also on the Board of Directors of the Foreign Policy Association and on the Board of Trustees of Isamu Noguchi Foundation, the National Humanities Center and the Foundation for Contemporary Arts. Fergusson is also Director of HSBC Bank USA (since 1990). Fergusson's previous involvements include serving as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Ford Foundation (1989-2001) and the Mayo Foundation (Mayo Clinic) (1988-2002 - she was also the chair of its board 1998-2002). She also served on the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors of the New York Commission in Independent Colleges and Universities and the board of the Society of Architectural Historians of the United States. Fergusson previously served as Director for CH Energy Inc. (1993-2002) and the the United Way of Dutchess County and was on the Board of Trustees of Historic Hudson (1990-1999).
- Victor F Ganzi - Ganzi's biography  reports that he is President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of The Hearst Corporation, Director and Nonexecutive Chairman of Hearst-Argyle Television Inc and sits on the boards of ESPN, the PGA Tour, Gentiva Health Services Inc. and Palm Management Corporation (which has been 50%-owned by his family for the past 79 years). Before joining The Hearst Corporation in 1990, Ganzi was the Managing Partner at Rogers and Wells (now known as Clifford Chance) and practiced as a certified public accountant in taxation at a Big Four accounting firm in Denver.
- Robert Langer - Langer's biography reports that he is Institute Professor for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and was elected to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences (in 1989) and in 1992 to both the National Academy of Engineering and to the National Academy of Sciences. Langer's biography states that 'he has served at various times on 15 boards of directors and 30 Scientific Advisory Boards' but only names Alkermes, Mitsubishi Pharmaceuticals, Warner-Lambert and Momenta Pharmaceuticals. His previous involvements include serving as a member of the United States Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) SCIENCE Board (the FDA's highest advisory board), he served the Board from 1995-2002 and was its Chairman from 1999-2002. He has also written over 860 articles in the medical and scientific fields and has over 500 issued or pending patents worldwide. Forbes and Bio World are reported to have named Langer as 'one of the 25 most important individuals in biotechnology in the world'.
- John P Mascotte - Mascotte's biography reports that he serves as a Director (and Chairman of the Audit Committees) for Hallmark Cards Inc. and Crown Media Holdings Inc., Chairman of Common Cents Inc. (a non-profit organisation focused on the social development of children in U.S. primary schools), is a Trustee of the Hall Foundation and a Trustee Emeritus of The Aspen Institute. Mascotte is also the Vice Chairman of the Aspen Community Foundation and is a member of the Board of the National Catholic Reporter. Mascotte's previous involvements include serving as President and Chief Executive Officer of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City (1997-2001), prior to this he served as Chairman of Johnson and Higgins of Missouri (from 1996) and was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Continental Corporation (1983-1995). Mascotte is also a former Trustee of The New York Public Library and the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City.
- Raymond J McGuire - McGuire's biography reports that he is Managing Director and Co-Head of Global Investment Banking for Citigroup Inc.. He also serves on 'the boards of directors/trustees of various non-profit organizations' including De La Salle Academy (as Chairman of the Board), the International Center of Photography (as Executive Committee member and former President of the Board), the Lincoln Center, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, The New York Public Library, the Studio Museum in Harlem (as Chairman of the Board), the Alex Hillman Family Foundation, and the Whitney Museum of American Art (as Vice Chairman and Investment Committee Chairman). 'He has also served on various committees at Harvard University, most recently as a member of the Overseers/Directors Nominating Committee'. McGuires previous involvements include serving as Global Co-Head of Mergers & Acquisitions at Morgan Stanley, Managing Director in the Mergers and Acquisitions Group of Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc., and serving as a member of Wasserstein Perella and Co. Inc. (where he became a Partner/Managing Director in 1991). He previously served the Mergers and Acquisitions Group of The First Boston Corporation (in 1984) and prior to this he held positions at law firms Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom and Patterson, Belknap, Webb and Tyler.
- Mary Lake Polan - Polan's biography reports that she is a Director of Quidel Corporation and Professor and Chair Emeritus of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Stanford University School of Medicine. She is also a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and 'a member of many professional societies' who's names are not disclosed. Polan's biography goes on to describe how she 'has served on numerous medical and health committees, including the Council of the Institute of Medicine, the National Institutes of Health, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA) and the Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Human Research Protection (SACHRP) for the Department of Health and Human Services'.
- Bernard Poussot - President and Chief Executive Officer. Poussot's biography describes how he joined Wyeth in 1986 and served in many senior positions (such as Chief Operating Officer and Vice Chairman) before taking up the positions of President (in 2007) and Chief Executive Officer (in 2008). Poussot serves on the Boards of the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, the Eisenhower Fellowships, the French American Chamber of Commerce and the Opera Company of Philadelphia. He previously worked for Merck and Searle in marketing positions in Europe and the USA.
- Gary L Rogers - Rogers's biography reports that he is Director of Rohm and Haas Company, W W Grainger Inc. and is a Trustee of Florida State University Foundation. Rogers was formerly Vice Chairman of General Electric Company. He joined GE in 1966 and held a variety of positions before retiring in 2003.
- Ivan G Seidenberg - Seiderberg's biography reports that he is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Verizon Communications Inc., Director of Honeywell International Inc. and serves on the boards of New York Presbyterian Hospital, the Museum of Television & Radio, and the New York Hall of Science.
- John R Torell III - Torell's biography reports that he is a Partner of Core Capital Group, Chairman of the International Executive Services Corps (IESC) and Director of 'a number of private companies' who's names are not disclosed. Torell's previous involvements include serving as a Trustee of Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business and Director of the Juilliard Foundation, the Financial Services Corporation of New York, the New York State Banker’s Association and the New York State Banking Board. He also served as President of Manufacturers Hanover Corporation and Manufacturers Hanover Trust Company, was Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of CalFed Inc. and Chairman of Telesphere Inc. (an electronic distributor of financial data). Torell was also part of a New York group that acquired control of Fortune Bancorp Tampa (the largest independent financial institution on the West Coast of Florida) where he was Chairman and CEO.
In 2008, Wyeth UK report involvement with the following patient groups...
- Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance (ARMA)
- Depression Alliance.
- Depression Alliance Cymru
- Meningitis Research Foundation
- Meningitis Trust
- Menopause Matters
- National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society
- National Association of Pre-Menstrual Syndrome
- National Kidney Federation (NKF)
- National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society
- Psoriasis Association
- Psoriasis Scotland Arthritis Link Volunteers (PSALV)
- Prostate Cancer Charity
- Sickle Cell Society
- Skin Care Campaign Cymru
- Skin Care Campaign Scotland
- Women's Health Alliance
- Women's Health Concern
Science Media Centre
PR, Lobbying and Market Intelligence firms
Former lobbying firms
- Wyeth About Wyeth Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth AMERICAN HOME PRODUCTS CHANGES NAME TO WYETH, REFLECTING EVOLUTION TO GLOBAL, RESEARCH-BASED PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Board of Directors Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Robert Essner Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Robert M Amen Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth John D Feerick Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Frances D Fergusson Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Victor F Ganzi Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Robert Langer Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth John P Mascotte Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Raymond J McGuire Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Mary Lake Polan Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Bernard Poussot Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Gary L Rogers Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth Ivan G Seidenberg Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth John R Torell Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth UK Working in Partnership Accessed 6th February 2008
- Wyeth UK Patient Organisations Accessed 6th February 2008
- Data from Internet Archive holdings of the Science Media Centre website, 2002-2013.
- Oct 2004 http://web.archive.org/web/20041205182639/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/funding.htm ; and http://web.archive.org/web/20051029205959/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/funding.htm
- Nov 2005 http://web.archive.org/web/20051227000834/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/funding.htm
- Apr 2006 http://web.archive.org/web/20060910221525/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/funding.htm
- Feb 2007 http://web.archive.org/web/20070829210611/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/funding.htm
- Jul 2008 http://web.archive.org/web/20081202143334/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/funding.htm
- May 2009 http://web.archive.org/web/20090830202526/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/funding.htm
- Innovex Our Customers Accessed 12th February 2008
- American Benefits Council Memberships Accessed 26th February 2008
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations Members Accessed 11th March 2008
- Public Relations Organisation International Inforpress accessed 13th February 2008
- Williams and Jensen Clients Accessed 12th March 2008
- Register Entry for 1 September 2008 to 30 November 2008 APPC, accessed 28 January 2015
- Register Entry for 1 September 2008 to 30 November 2008 APPC, accessed 28 January 2015