Terrorism: An International Journal
Terrorism: An International Journal was an academic journal focused on terrorism and edited by Yonah Alexander. It was first published in New York by Crane Russak in 1977 and was issued four times a year. The purpose of the journal was said to have been to 'offer dialogue on definitional, historical, biological, sociological, psychological, philosophical, political, strategic, legal, economic and future perspectives on the subject for the purpose of advnacing the cause of peace and justice.' 
The journal was described as having an international editorial board, but it was widely believed that 'US perspectives dominated' the journal. 
Funding and finances
- Editor-in-Chief Yonah Alexander Institute for Studies in International Terrorism State University of New York (Oneonta, New York), U.S.A.
- Chairman, International Editorial Advisory Board Hans J. Morgenthau The New School for Social Research (New York, New York), U.S.A.
- Associate Editors David Carlton Department of History and Philosophy The Polytechnic of North London (London), United Kingdom | L. C . Green Department of Political Science University of Alberta (Edmonton, Alberta), Canada | Jiri Toman Institute Henry-Durant (Geneva), Switzerland
- Board of Editors J. Bowyer Bell Institute of War and Peace Studies Columbia University (New York, New York), U.S.A. | Seymour M. Finger Ralph Bunche Institute on the United Nations City University of New York (New York, New York), U.S.A. | Lawrence Zelic Freedman Institute of Social and Behavioral Pathology The University of Chicago (Chicago, Illinois), U.S.A. | Y. Harkabi Department of International Relations Hebrew University (Jerusalem), Israel | Brian M. Jenkins The Rand Corporation (Santa Monica, California), U.S.A. | Walter Laqueur Center for Strategic and International Studies Georgetown University (Washington, D.C.), U.S.A. | Abraham H. Miller University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, Ohio), U.S.A. Department of Political Science | Frank M. Ochbero Institute of Mental Health (Roekville, Maryland), U.S.A. | Andrew J. Pierre Council on Foreign Relations (New York, New York), U.S.A. | Shlomo Shoam Faculty of Law Tel Aviv University (Tel Aviv), Israel | Bauit Singh College of Social Science Michigan State University (East Lansing, Michigan), U.S.A. | Paul Wilkinson Department of Politics University College (Cardiff, Wales), United Kingdom
- International Editorial Advisory Board Thomas M. Ashwood Air Line Pilots Association (New York, New York), U.S.A. | Frank Barnaby SIPRI Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, Sweden | Yehezkel Dror Department of Political Science Hebrew University (Jerusalem), Israel | Bernard T. Feld Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, Mass.), U.S.A. | Jacob C. Hurewitz Middle East Institute Columbia University (New York, New York), U.S.A. | Robert A. Kilmarx Center for Strategic and International Studies Georgetown University (Washington, D.C.), U.S.A. | Ali A. Mazrui Department of Political Science The University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, Michigan), U.S.A. | John Sanness Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (Oslo), Norway | David M. Sassoon The World Bank (Washington, D.C.), U.S.A. | Paul Seabury Department of Political Science University of California (Berkeley, California), U.S.A. | Julius Stone Faculty of Law The University of New South Wales (Kensington, New South Wales), Australia.
Contact details, Resources, Notes
- A, Schmidt and A.J. Jongman, Political Terrorism:A new guide to acrtors, authors, concepts, data bases, theories and literature, published in 1988 by Transaction Publishers, accessed 24 November 2014
- Conflict., accessed 12 January 2009
- Editorial Board. Terrorism Volume 1, Issue 1, 1977. DOI:10.1080/10576107708435390