Public First is a lobbying firm founded in 2016 by ex-government special adviser James Frayne, a lobbyist who has worked for UK environment secretary Michael Gove while he was at the UK Department for Education; in think tanks; and in commercial lobbying agencies.
Public First is focused on 'helping organisations change public policy and improve their reputations' - in other words, persuading the public to support the interests of its corporate clients. 
Frayne has a reputation for being one of the best of the current crop of Tory-leaning media strategists. Among critics, he is known for his promotion of deceptive astroturf campaigns for business interests. He is a former director policy and strategy at the Policy Exchange, a leading right-wing think tank.
According to Public First's website 'our staff have been recruited from the highest levels of Government, the media, think tanks, campaigns, Parliament and agencies. They all recognise the power of the public in creating and shaping public policy.'
- James Frayne -founding partner
- Rachel Wolf - founding partner (and Frayne's wife)
- Gabriel Milland - partner
- Nick Varley
- Jonathan Dupont
- Jonathan Simons
- Jennifer Powers - associate since October 2018. Former managing director of Westbourne Communications until 2017, whose clients included fracking firm Cuadrilla
- Tom Banks - campaign consultant
- Fred De Fossard - policy analyst
- Alex Wild - director
- Elena Narozanski - associate. Former spad to Gove and Theresa May
- Steve Hughes -associate
- Natascha Engel, former Labour MP and UK fracking tsar from October 2018- April 2019
No clients are listed on the agency's website, only a generic statement that 'Since our launch we have worked with a number of the world’s biggest businesses, for Government departments and agencies, and for trade associations, think tanks and charities.'
Contact, Resources and Notes
- Address: 11 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3Q
- Website: http://www.publicfirst.co.uk/