Right Web describes the Philanthropy Roundtable's origins as follows:
- The Philanthropy Roundtable arose as part of a strategy to build a right-wing counter-establishment that would contest the power of the "liberal establishment." At first, the Roundtable was a project funded by the Institute for Education Affairs, which was founded in 1978 by the two key figures in shaping a political strategy for corporate and right-wing philanthropy: William Simon and Irving Kristol.
Board of Directors
- Michael W. Grebe - Chairman of the Board
- Heather Higgins - Vice Chairman
- Chester E. Finn Jr. - Secretary and Treasurer
- Kim Dennis
- Dan Peters
- Jeff D. Sandefer
- Ana Thompson
- Adam Meyerson - President
- Shannon Toronto - Chief Operating Officer
- Sue Santa - Senior Vice President for Public Policy
- Christopher Levenick - Editor in Chief, Philanthropy
- Rebecca Stewart - Director of K-12 education programs
- Alex Echols - Director of Conservation Programs
- Dorothy Martinez - Director of Regional Events
- Suzi Marchena - Director of Finance and Human Resources
- Brian Anderson - Director of Technology
- Christopher Yablonsky - Development Director
- Lindsay Miller - Annual Meeting Director
- Evan Sparks - Annual Meeting Director
- Anthony Pienta - Deputy Director of K-12 Education Programs
- Patrice Lee - Project Manager, Public Policy
- Rachel Rounsville - Grant Writer
- René Krynovich - Annual Meeting Coordinator
- Monica Mastracco - Project Coordinator
- Emily Dalpiaz - Project Coordinator, K-12 Education Programs
- Allegheny Foundation
- Deramus Foundation
- Diana Davis Spencer Foundation
- Donors Trust: $16,150 in 2014, $14,100 in 2013. 
- Jaquelin Hume Foundation
- Joyce and Donald Rumsfeld Foundation
- Lynn and Foster Friess Family Foundation
- Marcus Foundation
- Randolph Foundation
- Scaife Family Foundation
- Tepper Family Foundation
- William E Simon Foundation
Publications and Resources
The Struggle Against Radical Islam: A Donor's Guide is a guidebook written by Nadia Schadlow of the Smith Richardson Foundation, and published by the Philanthropy Roundtable.
- About Us, Philanthropy Roundtable, accessed 6 September 2009.
- Right Web, Philanthropy Roundtable, updated 31 May 2004, accessed 6 September 2009.
- Board of Directors, Philanthropy Roundtable, accessed 6 September 2009.
- Staff, Philanthropy Roundtable, accessed 6 September 2009.
- Donors Trust, 990 Form, 2014
- Donors Trust, 990 Form, 2013
- Nadia Schadlow, The Struggle Against Radical Islam, A Donors Guide, Philanthropy Roundtable, December 2006, p1.