Keren Hayesod - United Israel Appeal
Keren Hayesod – United Israel Appeal is the central fundraising organization for Israel throughout the world (except in the USA where it is known as the United Israel Appeal).
After the establishment of the State, Keren Hayesod – UIA 'became one of the country’s “National Institutions”; the 1956 "Keren Hayesod Law" recognized the organization’s unique status as the official fundraising arm of the State of Israel the world over (apart from the US). Today, in partnership with the global Jewish community, and in close coordination with the Office of the Prime Minister of Israel and the Jewish Agency, Keren Hayesod, a non-profit corporation, continues to work to further the national priorities of the State of Israel and world Jewry.'
According to its own website it, 'works to further the national priorities of the State of Israel and Israeli society, with special emphasis on advancing weaker communities; nurturing disadvantaged and marginalized youth; encouraging aliyah; implementing rescue operations; and connecting young Diaspora Jews to Israel and Jewish life.'
Keren Hayesod was established in July 7-24, 1920 at the World Zionist Conference in London and officially declared in December 24, 1920. The resolution adopted called on "the whole Jewish people", Zionists and non-Zionists alike to do its duty to the land of Israel through Keren Hayesod. Jewish communities throughout the world established local campaigns under the Keren Hayesod umbrella, often using local names (UIA, UJIA, IUA, CJA, AUJF).
Keren Hayesod’s Articles of Incorporation 'provide equal distribution of Members between the WZO and the Appeal Organizations.' The 'Appeal Organizations' are the nationally based affiliates of Keren Hayeshod.
Johanna Arbib-Perugia | Eliezer (Moodi) Sandberg | Lic. Daniel Liwerant | David Engel | David Koschitzky | Fabiënne Meijers | Greg Masel | Harvey Wolfe | Jack Smorgon AO | Jason Rubinoff | Julia Koschitzky | Marc Gold | Mark Leibler AC | Menno Emanuel Paktor | Nilton Serson | Robert Herzl Kaplan | Ronni Benatoff | Sabby Mionis | Sami Bollag | Stanley Plotnick | Freddy Hollander | Dr. Shedletsky 
Affiliations and Members
According to the Reconstitution Agreement of the Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI), Keren Hayesod is one of the three constituent bodies of the JAFI and provides 20 per cent of the representatives on the Board of Governors and the Assembly. Keren Hayesod occupies four places on the JAFI Executive. The World Zionist Organization (WZO) provides 50% and the Jewish Federations of North America (including its subsidiary the United Israel Appeal (UIA)) have the remaining 30%.
United Israel Appeal of Australia | Keren Hajessod - Vereinigte Aktion fuer Israel (Vienna, Austria) | Vereinigde Israel Actie (Antwerp) Solidarite Avec Israel (Brussels) | Federation Combined Jewish Appeal (Canada) Jewish Federations of Canada - UIA (Canada) | Keren Hayessod - Appel Unifié pour Israël (France) | Keren Hayessod - Vereinigte Israel Aktion (Germany) | United Jewish Israel Appeal (UK) | Collectieve Israel Actie (Holland) | United Israel Appeal (Hong Kong) Ltd | Keren Hayesod Hungary | Keren Hayesod - Appello Unificato per Israele (Italy) | United Israel Appeal (New Zealand) | Fellesinnsamlingen for Israel (Norway) | Israel United Appeal - United Communal Fund (South Africa) | KEREN Hayesod - Hamagbit Hameujedet (Spain) | Forenade Israelinsamlingen (Sweden) | Keren Hayessod Action Israel (Switzerland) Keren Hajessod Schweiz - Vereinigte Israel Aktion (Switzerland) | Keren Hayesod Taiwan
- Berman, Morton Mayer The bridge to life: The saga of Keren Hayesod, 1920-1970. Shifrin and Na'aman: Tel-Aviv. 1970.
- I. Klinov, Will and Fulfilment: Keren Hayesod Twenty-Five Years Old (1946);
- Moshe Shertok. Palestine and Keren Hayesod. London : Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland. 1943.
- Abraham Ulitzur, Two Decades of Keren Hayesod: A Survey in Facts and Figures, 1921-1940, Foundation Fund, Keren Hayesod, 1940.
- A. Ulitzur, Foundations: A Survey of 25 Years of Activity of the Palestine Foundation Fund Keren Hayesod (1947);
- Keren Hayesod official site
- UIA – United Israel Appeal, in Australia
- United Jewish Israel Appeal, UK branch
- Keren Hayesod Who we are. Accessed 16 February 2014.
- Keren Hayesod - UIA What we do, accessed 12 August2012
- Keren Hayesod Board of Trustees. Accessed 16 February 2014.
- Keren Hayesod Board of Directors. Accessed 16 February 2014.
- Keren Hayesod World Executive. Accessed 16 February 2014.
- Jewish Agency Jewish Agency Governance Structure. Accessed 16 February 2014.
- Keren Hayesod Keren Hayesod Offices Worldwide, accessed 13 February 2014.