Calum MacLean is the former chairman of Ineos O&P Europe. A co-founder of Ineos in 1998, he has been a director of rival chemical company Synthomer since January 2015. In 2015 his former business partner billionaire Jim Ratcliffe was reportedly considering taking legal action against MacLean for an alleged breach of his Ineos contract terms after he had left the firm.
Attended government fracking dinner
On 9 May 2013 MacLean attended a dinner hosted by senior civil servants Jeremy Heywood and Stephen Lovegrove, permanent secretary of DECC, which was organised by the Office of Unconventional Gas and Oil, DECC.
The purpose was 'to discuss the issues relating to the development of unconventional gas and oil in Lancashire and nationally'. The other host was
The dinner was held at the Dickson Room, Preston Marriott, Broughton. Confirmed attendees included:
- Ken Cronin – Chief Executive, UK Onshore Operators Group (UKOOG)
- Francis Egan – CEO, Cuadrilla Resources
- Duarte Figueira – Head, Office of Unconventional Gas & Oil, DECC
- Peter Forsyth – Director, Strategy & Investment, Carillion
- Tony Grayling – Head of Environment Policy, Environment Agency
- Phil Halsall – CEO, Lancashire County Council
- Calum MacLean – Chairman, Ineos O&P Europe
- Simon Toole – Head, Licensing, Exploration and Development, DECC
- Email from: Figueira Duarte (Energy Development), Sent: 03 May 2013 13:43, Subject: Dinner Invitation - Thursday 9th May