Andrew Tyrie has been the UK Conservative Party MP for Chichester since 1997.
In the 2015 general election, Tyrie was re-elected as an MP, with a majority of 24,413. 
Tyrie was chair of the influential House of Commons Treasury Select Committee from 2010 - 2015.
Supports fracking, but not in his constituency
In an undercover investigation by Greenpeace in 2012, Tyrie expressed strong support for fracking, saying wind energy was a 'complete waste of money', and 'what we need is shale', adding 'we are a very lucky country — we’re sitting on all this stuff.' 
In November 2013 however, he opposed a draft application by Celtique Energy to conduct exploratory drilling in his own constituency at Fernhurst, saying:
- 'I think it is very unlikely that I would find a planning application acceptable in such an environmentally sensitive area, particularly since it would also be very close to a village of 3,000 inhabitants' [...] 'It seems to me that better and less disruptive sites could be found, just as others already have for fossil fuel extraction elsewhere in the constituency.' 
In January 2014, Tyrie criticised the government's proposed compensation scheme for communities affected by the fracking, arguing it would incentivise councils to give shale gas companies the green light and cause a 'conflict of interest'. 
Tyrie's constituency includes three oil and gas licence blocks, all awarded to IGas by the Oil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015. All three are conventional licenses: there are plans to conduct 2D seismic surveying, but no applications are currently underway. 
Tyrie has generally voted against increased regulations on fracking . 
- 26 January 2015: voted against making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. He also voted against an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: voted in favour for requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: absent for a vote on weakening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
Select committee and APPGs
- House of Commons Treasury Select Committee
- Associate Parliamentary Group on Business, Finance and Accountancy
- All-Party Parliamentary Corporate Governance Group
- Andrew Tyrie Express, accessed 19 May 2015
- Mr Andrew Tyrie, www.parliament.uk, accessed 15 May 2013.
- Not in my backyard: Chichester MP changes sides on fracking, Greenpeace, 29 November 2013, accessed 3 January 2017.
- Ben Webster, Not in my backyard, says MP who has supported fracking, The Times, 29 November 2013, accessed 5 December 2013.
- Harriet Dennys, Scourge of banks tackles frackers, The Telegraph, 4 January 2014, accessed 3 January 2017.
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Andrew Tyrie, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 3 January 2017.