360 live debate New York: The changing nature of terrorism
360 live debate New York: The changing nature of terrorism, also marketed as Global Business: Under Attack? and Sharing Lessons on Terrorism, was a terrorism policy conference hosted by the Lloyd’s. It was held on Friday 2 November 2007 in New York and attended by several terrorism experts and “select group of business leaders”.  Notable speakers at the conference included Rohan Gunaratna and David Veness, both of the International Centre for Political Violence and Terrorism Research, and Sir Richard Mottram, then Security and Intelligence Co-ordinator at the Cabinet Office.
Friday 2 November 2007
Sharing Lessons on Terrorism
8.30 Registration and breakfast
Tom Carver, Senior Vice President, Global Services, Control Risks
9.15 How real a threat is Al-Qaeda?
A Global View
Dr. Rohan Gunaratna, Author of ‘Inside Al-Qaeda’
10.10 Are today’s terrorists made at home or abroad?
A UK View
Sir Richard Mottram, Permanent Secretary, Intelligence, Security and Resilience, Cabinet Office,
10.35 Panel discussion: What should business do to prepare for future terrorist threats and what role can risk management play?
- Simon Sole, Chief Executive Officer, Exclusive Analysis (Chair)
- Stephen Ashwell, Underwriter, Hiscox
- Aaron Davis, Director, Aon
- Bernie de Haldevang, Underwriter, Atrium
- Bob Hartwig, President, Insurance Information Institute
- Janice Ochenkowski, Managing Director, Jones Lang LaSalle & President, RIMS
11.25 Is greater international co-operation required to defeat the terrorist threat?
A United Nations View
Sir David Veness, Under-Secretary-General for Safety and Security, United Nations
11.50 Terrorism, Counter-Terrorism and Business Risk
A US View
Dr Richard A Falkenrath, Deputy Commissioner of Counter-Terrorism, New York Police
- Lloyd’s News Centre, 360 live debate New York: The changing nature of terrorism (accessed 20 November 2008)
- Conference Programme (PDF)