Michael Dugher has been the Labour Party MP for Barnsley East since 2010 and vice-chairman of the Labour Party.  He was appointed a shadow defence minister in 2010, and a shadow minister without portfolio in the Cabinet Office since 2011. Before that, he was parliamentary private secretary to the leader of the opposition, Ed Miliband, and was shadow minister for defence equipment, support and technology.
As of September 2015 he has been appointed the Shadow Culture Secretary in the wake of the 2015 leadership election. 
Michael worked at 10 Downing Street as chief political spokesman for the then Prime Minister Gordon Brown. He previously worked as a special adviser in a variety of Government roles, including: Transport, Local Government and the Regions; Defence; for the Leader of the House of Commons; and for the Government Chief Whip.
Labour leadership 2015
- Michael Dugher The Guardian, accessed 17 October
- Michael Dugher, www.parliament.uk, accessed 24 August 2013.
- Barnsley East Parliamentary constituency BBC News, 7 May 2015, accessed 21 May 2015
- Who's who in Corbyn's Shadow Cabinet BBC News, Accessed 16 September 2015
- Michael Dugher Huffington Post, accessed 17 October 2014
- Labour List Dugher to manage Burnham’s leadership campaign, 16 May 2015, accessed 21 May 2015.