Cicero Consulting is a London-based financial services lobbying consultancy.
Cicero has offices in London and Brussels, providing strategic public affairs, policy and communications advice to a wide range of asset managers, mortgage lenders, life offices, insurers, banks, hedge funds, intermediaries, financial trade bodies and private clients.
It describes a typical public affairs campaign as follows: "A typical programme may include representations to UK or EU government, officials or regulators, contributing to the policy debate through green papers, think tanks or the media, training for UK or EU committee interviews, support drafting UK Private Members Bills or EU own initiative reports, preparing political intelligence reports or acting as an early warning monitor. Cicero undertakes these and many other activities on behalf of our clients."
- Jeremy Swan, managing director. Swan is a former vice president of both JP Morgan and Citigroup and has served as Conservative Councillor for the (London) Putney ward of Parkside until 2002. He then switched to the Liberal Democrats.
- Iain Anderson, Director, Chief Corporate Counsel. Anderson leads the agency’s corporate communications practice. Over an 18 year career, he has advised financial institutions, trade and regulatory bodies, NGOs and political parties in the UK and US. He previously worked at Ludgate Communications, alongside among others Sophia Harrison, European head of corporate comms at private equity firm Blackstone.
- Mark Twigg, director. Twigg worked for the Labour Party in the run up to the 1997 general election before becoming a ministerial aide to Nick Brown - one of Gordon Brown's closest allies - at the Ministry of Agriculture. Since 1999 he has worked as a public affairs consultant in London, Brussels and in the US. During that time he has worked across a wide range of sectors with a focus on financial services, regulation and EU policy issues.
- Terry Paul, director. Before joining Cicero, Paul was a "key figure in the Labour Party’s Parliamentary Campaigns Unit where he devised campaign strategies for senior Ministers and Labour Party figures and played a leading role in implementing the Labour Party’s 2001 General Election strategy".. He previously worked for Abbey National in both marketing and branch management roles.
Clients listed in 2008 include:
AXA | Abbey | Alliance and Leicester | Association of British Insurers | Blackstone | British Property Federation | Direct Line | eBay | Financial Services Forum | Financial Services Skills Council | International Financial Data Services | Investment Management Association | JPMorgan | Jupiter | Latvian Inward Investment Agency | Scottish Widows | Standard Life | UBS | Yorkshire Building Society
1-2 Lower James Street
Tel: +44 (0) 207 665 9530
Fax: +44 (0) 207 665 9538
- Cicero Consulting UK Staff and clients, 1 December 2003 to 31 May 2004
- Cicero Consulting UK Staff and clients, 1 June to 30 Nov 2005
- Cicero Consulting UK Staff and clients, 1 Junr 2009 to 1 August 2009