His parliamentary career has included positions as: Shadow Solicitor General 1985-92; Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) 1988-94; Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons 1992-94; Shadow Spokesperson (Health) 1994-95; Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons) 1995-97; Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (Chief Whip) 1997-98; Secretary of State for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food 1998-01; Minister (Department for Work and Pensions) (Work) 2001-03; Treasurer of HM Household (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Commons) 2007-08; Minister of State (Regional Affairs) (North East) 2007-10; Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury and Chief Whip 2008-10; Shadow Parliamentary Secretary and Chief Whip 2010-10.
- Address: 1 Mosley Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1YE
- Telephone: 0191 261 1408
- Fax: 0191 261 1409
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 6814
- Fax: 020 7219 5941
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web & Social media
- Website: http://www.nickbrownmp.com
- Rt Hon Mr Nicholas Brown, UK Parliament, 10 September 2013.