Tim Loughton is the Conservative Party member of Parliament (MP) for Shoreham & East Worthing. He was appointed the Parliamentary Under Secretary for Children in May 2010. He left the Government in September 2012.
According to his Conservative Party biography:
- Tim was born in May 1962, and educated at the Priory School, Lewes, Sussex, the University of Warwick (BA First class honours) and Clare College Cambridge. He is married to Elizabeth and they have one son and two daughters. Before becoming an MP, Tim worked at Fleming Private Asset Management in the City of London, becoming a director in March 1992. Tim joined the Conservative Party in 1977, and was elected MP for the new constituency East Worthing and Shoreham in May 1997. In the 1992 General Election he stood as a candidate for Sheffield Brightside against David Blunkett, achieving 16th largest swing from Labour to Conservative in England.
- From March 1994 to date he has been Deputy Chairman of Battersea Constituency Conservative Association; Executive Committee member of Selsdon Group: a member of Carlton Political Committee and a Chairman of Battersea Business Forum. From February 1993 to date he has been Chairman of Battersea ward and Member of London Area Executive Committee, and a Life Vice-President Sheffield Brightside Constituency Association. From May 1990 to April 1992 he was Conservative Parliamentary candidate for Sheffield Brightside; Vice Chairman Battersea Conservative Association; Candidate in his own ward at Wandsworth Borough Council Elections.
- As a student his political activity included Cambridge University Conservative Association; Secretary Warwick University Conservative Association; Vice-Chairman South East Area Young Conservatives; Vice-Chairman Sussex Young Conservatives - Vice Chairman Lewes Constituency Conservative Association and Lewes Y.C. Branch Chairman and setting up the ‘Community Politics Action Group’.
- His special interests groups are as follows:- the Selsdon Group, the Centre for Policy Studies, the Institute of Economic Affairs, Conservative Way Forward, the Environmental Transport Group, the World Wide Fund for Nature, Tibet Action (UK), and the RSPCA. His public offices and appointments include being the Chairman of the Finance Committee for Latchmere School Governors, Battersea, Special Governor Appointee to Battersea Technology College, local authority appointee to Wandsworth Community Health Council, Vice-Chairman Wandsworth Alcohol Council, Appointee Wandsworth Health Authority Substance Misuse Committee, Member Battersea Sector Policing Group, Member Securities and Futures Association Working Party on Training, Vice-Chairman Shoreham Old Town Hall Trust.
- Tim's Parliamentary Career is as follows:- he was a member of the Standing Committee on Finance Bill 1997, the Hon Treasury Secretary of The Parliamentary Maritime Group, a member of the All Party Group on Alcohol Misuse. Other groups include the All Party Disablement Group, the All Party Parliamentary group for Tibet, The Commonwealth Parliamentary Association, the All Party Parliamentary Group for Animal Welfare, the All Party Parliamentary Group for Children, the All Party Parliamentary Drug Misuse Group and the Member Select Committee in the Environmental Audit. He was appointed an Opposition Front Bench Spokesman for the Environment, Transport and Regions in February 2000. In September 2001, he was appointed a Frontbench Spokesman for Health.
Post government career
- Trainer at Cumberlege Connections - 3.5 days a year (in 2013)
- Member of the advisory board, Community Service Volunteers - from March 2013, unpaid, one day a year
- Honorary Member of the Board of Advisors, London Capital Club - unpaid
- Independant Consultant, the National Fostering Agency - part time paid rold from April 2013
- Chairman of the Mindful Policy Group
- Non-Executive Chairman, Classwatch
- Westminster Diet and Health Forum
- Former member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for European Reform
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Parents and Families
- All-Party Parliamentary Wine and Spirit Group - Chair 
- Website: www.timloughton.com
- Twitter: timloughton
- Cabinet reshuffle: Lansley replaced by Hunt in health job, BBC News, 4 September 2012.
- Appointments taken up by former Ministers, Advisory Committee on Business Appointments website, last updated 2 October 2013
- Parents and Families APPG,www.parliament.uk, accessed 16 November 2015
- Wine & Spirit APPG Register Feb 19, www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 February 2016