Scott Atran is an American anthropologist who has published works on relgion and rationality; often focusing on suicide bombings. He also has research interests in Middle East ethnography and political economy and so has acted as an expert on terrorism and the Middle East.
- Ph.D., Columbia University
Atran is affiliated to several academic institutions. He is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Michigan., an Adjunct Research Scientist at the Research Center for Group Dynamics; Adjunct Professor for the School of Natural Resources & Environment; Associate Research Scientist for the Anthropology Department; and Directeur de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris.
- World Federation of Scientists Permanent Monitoring Panel on Terrorism, member
- Marc Sageman, research partner
- Tel: +936-0458
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Michigan, FACULTY PROFILE — Scott Atran, 12 June 2008