Roger Hayes is Executive Director of the International Institute of Communications representing over 1,000 companies in seventy countries in the broadcastng, telecommunications, and new media industry.
Hayes ran a PR firm Hayes Macleod with his fellow Echo Research Non Executive Director, Sandra Macleod. Hayes is the Executive Director of the International Institute of Communications (founded in 1968 with the support of the Ford Foundation) whose career includes "senior positions with the British Nuclear Industry Forum, Ford of Europe, Thorn EMI, PA Consulting and Burson-Marsteller..."  and Pinnacle PR.
The British Nuclear Industry Forum (like some nuclear reactors) has changed its name and is now the Nuclear Industry Association: the UK nuclear industry trade association which "undertakes representative, informational and lobbying activities on behalf of its members." Their new web page sets the tone thus: "Nuclear — Climate Friendly Energy," below a repeated pattern of fluffy clouds.
- 1982 Burson Marsteller, Director, 
- 1984 PA Consulting Corporate Communications Director circa 1984 
- Date unknown International Institute of Communications
- 2007 APCO Worldwide
- 2007 Pinnacle PR
- 2007 Potomac Institute for Policy Studies Board of regents Emeritus
- see the About Us section of the IIC website at http://www.iicom.org/index.htm (Last viewed 1 March 2007)
- from Echo Research website at http://www.echoresearch.com/en/directors/ (Last viewed 1 March 2007)
- from Pinnacle PR website at http://www.pinnaclepr.co.uk/team.php (Last viewed 1 March 2007); APCO Roger Hayes
- Originally at http://www.world-nuclear.org/portal/nuclear_trade_ind_orgs.htm. This website is no longer available but can be accessed via the Wayback service at the Web Archive (Last viewed 1 March 2007)
- The NIAUK site, at http://www.niauk.org/ has been changed. The original can be accessed at the Web Archive (Last viewed 1 March 2007)