Gen Next is an "exclusive, Membership-driven organization of successful and committed individuals aimed at overcoming generational challenges in three areas: economic growth, education and international security".  It has two sister groups, the Gen Next Foundation, and the Gen Next Political Action Committee.
Gen Next was reportedly in existence in startup mode in 2005, when CEO Michael P. Davidson was hired as the organisation's first staffer. The Gen Next Political Action Committee appears to have been its earliest institutional form.
Gen Next was incorporated in California on 4 October 2008. According to the Orange County Register it was founded by real estate executive Paul Makarechian. Roman Tsunder was also a co-founder.
- This Pilot has involved four researcher partners, videos from 83 different content creators (33 in English and 50 in Arabic), two lead partners, one market research firm and one technology incubator. We believe this collaborative model is particularly powerful. We’re grateful to the many advisors who provided input and advice at every stage of this process, in particular the Gen Next Foundation which is currently supporting our work in North America.
Gen Equity PAC
The Gen Equity PAC is a political action committee linked to Gen Next. While Gen Next describes itself as non-partisan, Opensecrets.org has described Gen Equity as strongly Republican.
Members are only admitted after being invited to join and pay a $10,000 annual contribution.  To be invited to join Gen Next, you are first required to have been nominated by two active members of the group.  As of May 2014, Gen Next had 212 members. Members include:
Glen Ackerman | Brian Calle | Kevin Chavous | Jason Childs | Jared Cohen | Amanda Currie | Jon Fleischman | Jeff Gehl | Jason Liebman | William H. Lyon [ Rep. Kevin McCarthy | Dan McClory | Ken Mehlman | Micha Mikailian | Maajid Nawaz | Farah Pandith | Jared Polis | Pierre-Richard Prosper | Vinny Smith | Roman Tsunder | Yuri Vanetik | Juan C. Zarate
Gen Next Foundation board (2014)
- Michael P. Davidson - President
- Paul Makarechian - Chairman
- Yuri Vanetik - Treasurer
- DJ Burke - Secretary
- Todd Rustman - Director
- Roman Tsunder - Director
- Ambassador Pierre-Richard Prosper - director.
- Dan McClory - director
Gen Next Foundation Staff
- Address: 4100 MACARTHUR BLVD, STE 150. NEWPORT BEACH CA 92660.
- Gen Next Website
- Gen Equity PAC, Opensecrets.org.
- Nafeez Ahmed, David Cameron’s ‘counter extremism’ experts work with far-right Donald Trump sympathisers, Insurge Intelligence, 17 December 2015.
- "Gen Next: Overview" Gen-Next.org, accessed on 14 October 2010
- Deepa Bharath, Newport Beach-based Gen Next fights terrorism around the world, Orange County Register, 18 May 2014.
- Michael P. Davidson, Young Professionals Leadership Summit, 1 December 2016.
- Position Specification: Executive Director, Gen Next Foundation, McDermott & Bull, accessed 5 December 2016.
- California Secretary of State filing, accessed 1 December 2016.
- "Alliance for Youth Movements Profiles" Movements.org, accessed on 14 October 2010
- Quilliam Foundation Form 990, 2014, Guidestar, accessed 7 December 2016.
- The Redirect Method, Accesed 9 October 2019.
- "FEC Disclourse Report" FEC.org, accessed on 14 October 2010
- "Gen Next: Member Profiles" Gen-Next.org, accessed 14 October 2010
- "Gen Next: Become a Member" Gen-Next.org, accessed on 14 October 2010
- "Gen Next: Membership Profiles" Gen-Next.org, accessed on 14 October 2010
- Generation Next Foundation, Form 990, 2014, Foundation Center.
- Gen Next Foundation, Guidestar, accessed 30 November 2016.