That same year he joined the global aerospace and defence company Lockheed Martin UK as a business development director.
Ruddock was appointed Lockheed Martin UK chief executive in January 2016.
Ruddock served a full military career with the Royal Air Force, with notable roles including Officer Commanding RAF Coningsby, Air Commodore Defensive Operations, Director of Air Staff, Air Secretary, and Air Component Commander for both Afghanistan and Iraq. His last role before leaving was as an Air Marshal.
In recognition of his military service, Ruddock was made a Companion of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 2001 and a Companion of the Order of the Bath (CB) in 2011.
Since working for Lockheed, Ruddock has had 11 meetings with the UK government, the most recent of these in November 2016 according to Campaign Against the Arms Trade's Political Influence database. 
F-35 contract with BAE
In March 2017 the US Department of Defense F-35 Joint Program Office awarded a contract worth more than £80m (US$102.2m) to Lockheed to deliver the initial training, engineering, maintenance and logistics support for the UK’s F-35 Lightning II fleet over a three year period. According to a BAE Systems news release:
- Lockheed Martin has sub-contracted work worth £40m to BAE Systems and together the two companies will form a team of more than 100 skilled technicians at RAF Marham, which will provide engineering and technical expertise, deliver air-crew and ground-crew training, facilitate routine maintenance and help to manage the jets’ global supply chain. BAE Systems will take the lead sustainment role for F-35 Lightning II in the UK with Lockheed Martin continuing as prime contractor for global operations.
- Campaign Against the Arms Trade, Sir Peter Ruddock Meetings with UK Government while working for industry
- Peter Ruddock Linkedin, accessed 10 December 2014
- Senior Royal Air Force appointments Gulabin, accessed 10 December 2014
- *Campaign Against the Arms Trade, Sir Peter Ruddock Meetings with UK Government while working for industry