Prior to being made a peer Natalie Evans worked worked in various lobbying organisations:
- From 2011 – 2013, she was chief operating office of the New Schools Network, which lobbies for free schools. She later become its director.
- From 2007 – 2010, she was deputy director of the think tank, Policy Exchange
- Before joining Policy Exchange, Evans was head of policy at the British Chambers of Commerce
- Evans was before that deputy director at the Conservative Research Department specialising in welfare and economic issues.
- 'Who's in who's out? May's new cabinet', 14 July 2016, BBC News, accessed 15 July 2016