- Honorary Associate National Secular Society
- One of twelve signatories of Manifesto: Together Facing the New Totalitarianism together with Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Caroline Fourest, Bernard-Henri Lévy, Irshad Manji, Taslima Nasreen, Salman Rushdie, Antoine Sfeir, Philippe Val, and Ibn Warraq. The manifesto starts as follows: "After having overcome fascism, Nazism, and Stalinism, the world now faces a new totalitarian global threat: Islamism."
- co-founder of the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain
- spokesperson of Fitnah- Movement for Women’s Liberation ,
- One Law For All - founder
- editor for the Worker-communist Review, and member of the Central Committee of the Worker-Communist Party of Iran.