Liz Kendall has been the Labour Party MP for Leicester West since 2010. She is also a member of Labour’s frontbench team, attending the shadow cabinet as the minister for care and older people.
In May 2015 Kendall announced she would stand in the Labour Leadership contest, stating that 'fundamental reform is essential to the future survival of our party'.  Her campaign will be managed by former editor of the LabourList blog Mark Ferguson.
Before entering parliament Kendall worked for two think-tanks: the Institute for Public Policy Research, where she was the associate director for health, social care and children’s early years, and also the King’s Fund, working as a researcher on their public health programme focusing on tackling local health inequalities. 
Kendall studied at the University of Cambridge, graduating with a first in history in 1993.
Labour Party leadership
|Date received||Amount||Name of donor||Role||For|
|22/05/2015||£6,000||Waheed Alli||Businessman and Labour Party peer in the House of Lords||In support of Kendall's campaign|
|26/05/2015||£10,000||Tim Allan||Former aide to Tony Blair and founder of lobbyists Portland Communications||Office rent to support Kendall's campaign|
|26/05/2015||£4,000||Patricia Hewitt||Former MP and Health secretary who employed Kendall as a spad between 2004 and 2007. Now a lobbyist with FTI Consulting||Office rent to support Kendall's campaign|
|26/05/2015||£2,500||David Taylor||Former special adviser to the Labour Party and lobbyist for Crossrail||Office rent to support Kendall's campaign|
|08/06/2015||£2,000||Michael Craven||Former Labour Party adviser and founder of Lexington Communications||In support of Kendall's campaign|
|09/06/2015||£2,000||Joanne Milligan||A campaign and stakeholder communications consultant in the Cabinet Office||In support of Kendall's campaign|
|10/06/2015||£10,000.00||Lord Clive Hollick||Businessman and Labour Party peer in the House of Lords||In support of Kendall's campaign|
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 3000
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 42 Narborough Road, Leicester, LE3 0BQ
- Telephone: 0116 204 4980
- Fax: 0116 204 4989
Web & Social media
- Who is Liz Kendall, the Labour leadership contender? The Telegraph, 11 May 2015, accessed 20 May 2015
- Sebastian Payne Liz Kendall’s campaign still confident of getting 35 MPs Spectator, 19 May 2015, accessed 21 May 2015.
- Dods people, 'Arrivals, moves and departures', Civil Service World, accessed 3 November 2015
- About Liz Kendall Liz Kendall, accessed 9 March 2015
- Liz Kendall Guardian, accessed 9 March 2015
- Parliament.uk The Register of Members' Financial Interests: Part 1(as at 13th July 2015) - Liz Kendall, accessed 21 July 2015.
- Linkedin Joanne Milligan, accessed 21 July 2015.
- Register of interests of members' secretaries and research assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 21 April 2016