Joyce Chernick is the wife of multi-millionaire Aubrey Chernick and a key funder of Robert Spencer's Jihad Watch. She and her husband also led the effort to raise $3.5 million in venture capital to start Pajamas Media, a far right pro-Israel blog network which has kept up a steady stream of anti-mosque postings. In 2010 Politico reported that the Chernicks were key funders behind the opposition to the Cordoba House initiative or "Ground Zero Mosque:"
- But there’s also big money behind the mosque opposition, as highlighted by the relationship between [David] Horowitz’s Los Angeles-based nonprofit, Jihad Watch — the website run by Spencer “dedicated to bringing public attention to the role that jihad theology and ideology play in the modern world” — and Joyce Chernick, the wife of a wealthy California tech company founder.
- Aubrey Chernick - Aubrey is Joyce's husband
- Pajamas Media - The Chernicks are key investors
- Foundation for Defense of Democracies - Former Board Member and the Chernicks provided $120k to FDD in 2005
- Major pro-Israel giver funding Jihad Watch, JTA, 4 September 2010.
- Kenneth P. Vogel and Giovanni Russonello, Latest mosque issue: The money trail, Politico, 4 September 2010
- Kenneth P. Vogel and Giovanni Russonello, "Latest mosque issue: The money trail", Politico, 4 September 2010, accessed on 29 October 2010
- LA Business Journal, "The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Aubrey Chernick - #42", Los Angeles Business Journal, 24 May 2010
- OneSource, "Joyce Chernick", OneSource, accessed on 29 October 2010
- Laura Rozen, "The Park51 money trail", Politico, 4 September 2010