The Jewish Chronicle reported on her appointment:
- Ms Gerber said: 'As Labour develops its foreign policy in opposition, LFI has a crucial role to play in ensuring that the party's decision makers appreciate the complexity of the situation in the Middle East.
- "This is a challenging time for both Israel advocacy and the Labour Party, and I look forward to working with our longstanding supporters, and building relationships with the new intake of MPs.'
- She said LFI would take MPs to Israel 'so they can see the reality on the ground for themselves'.
- Marcus Dysch, New Strategy for Labour Friends of Israel, Jewish Chronicle, 7 September 2012, accessed 25 October 2012
- Register Of Interests Of Members' Secretaries And Research Assistants - as at 7 June 2012, Parliamentary Publications & Records, 7 June 2012, accessed 25 October 2012