Jacqui Smith is a former UK Labour Party home secretary (2007-2009), chief government whip and minister for schools (2005-2006). She was the member of parliament for Redditch from 1997 until May 2010.
- 'I’m attracted to the way Westbourne works because I’m passionate about campaigning and making a difference. It’s the same approach I always took to my elected politics – building broad coalitions, making arguments and bringing the public along with you. [..] You change people’s opinion by taking the public with you, not by sidelining them, and by being open about what you’re doing. There’s nothing shady about me bringing my political experience and commitment to the political process to work at Westbourne.' 
After leaving politics Smith became a consultant for one of the Big Four accountancy firms, KPMG in October 2010, a position that was cleared by the prime minister's Advisory Committee on Business Appointments. She held this until June 2011.  According to the Daily Mail, KPMG had "won an important government contract while Smith was Home Secretary when it was commissioned to carry out a major study into whether drink industry giants were breaking guidelines on the sale of alcohol". 
- Westminster Explained - since 2009 
- Sarina Russo Job Access - September 2010 - present 
- Inspiring Interns
- Chair and co-founder The Precious Trust since January 2012 
- LBC 97.3FM - presenter from March 2012 – September 2012
- School of Politics and International Relations, University of Nottingham - was appointed an Honorary Professor in August 2011
- Melissa Jones and Andy Rowell, Access all areas: Westminster's (vast) fracking lobby exposed, 29 April 2015.
- Anna Reynolds, Former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith hired by Westbourne Communications, PRWeek, 17 February 2015, accessed 5 December 2016.
- Anna Reynolds, Jacqui Smith: 'I haven't left politics, I've left Parliament', 9 March 2015, accessed 5 December 2016.
- Advisory Committee on Business Appointments Twelfth Annual Report, 2010-2011
- Jacqui Smith, LinkedIn profile, acc 11 June 2013
- Geoffrey Levy, Tony's cronies and snouts in the trough: How one-time Labour bigwigs are raking it in thanks to the private sector, 10 June 2011, acc 28 Sept 2011
- Anna Reynolds Former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith hired by Westbourne Communications PR Week, 17 February 2015, accessed 26 February 2015