Jacques Asseoff Charitable Trust
The Jacques Asseoff Charitable Trust (EIN: 13-6817770) is a grant making foundation which supports a number of Jewish and pro-Israel causes.
Although little information regarding the trust is available a Jacques Asseoff worked in the Bulgarian Supreme Economic Council and the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce in the 1940s. In the late 40s Asseoff was in contact with the forerunner of the CIA, the Office of Strategic Services.
No form 990s have been filed by the organisation since 2008 and donations also ceased in that year. The foundation is presumably defunct but appears to have been superseded by the 'Jacques Asseoff Estate'. The estate was listed by the Jewish Agency for Israel as a member of the Ben Gurion International Leadership Council (organisations that donated $50,000 and over to the Jewish Agency). The estate was also thanked in the 2008 report of the Jewish Agency. In 2003 the estate was listed as a recipient of the inaugural Israel Education Fund Ben Gurion Leadership award by the United Jewish Communities.
Organisations supported by the Jacques Asseoff Charitable Trust include:
Directors (circa 2008)
- Address Circa 2008:
- C/O Arthur Muhlstock
- 10 East 40th Street
- New York, NY
- Phone: ( 212 ) 972-9600
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum Archives Memorandum for the President. Accessed 9 March 2015.
- Data compiled from filings of Form 990s 2002 - 2013.
- Jewish Agency for Israel Website Friends and Supporters. Accessed 9 March 2015.
- slideshare.net 2008 Jewish Agency Annual Report. Accessed 9 March 2015.
- tycherstein.com FOCUS Special Edition. Accessed 9 March 2015.