JNF UK claims to be "the UK’s leading humanitarian and environmental Israel charity...[raising] funds for the building blocks of everyday life in Israel such as reservoirs, irrigation systems, desalination plants, forest planting, recycling schemes, roads, housing and healthcare centres."  It is the UK wing of the Jewish National Fund, one of the Israeli National Institutions, which has been described by the Israeli historian Ilan Pappe as "a colonialist agency of ethnic cleansing".
Current UK Prime Minister David Cameron stepped down as Honorary Patron of the JNF, May 2011. A press release explained the resignation was part of a wider review of charities and organisations the PM is associated with, claiming the JNF is one of a number of charities he stepped down from. Traditionally the three leaders of the main UK parties have become Honorary Patrons, however none of the three leaders currently hold this position. Pro-Palestinian solidarity groups claim the resignation was because of growing pressure for Cameron to step down. Previous UK Prime Ministers Tony Blair and Gordon Brown remain Honorary Patrons.
Executive Board (2012)
- Samuel Hayek - Chairman
- Dr Michael Sinclair - Vice Chairman
- David Goodman - Chief Executive
- Gordon Hausmann - Company Secretary
Board Members (2012)
- Baroness Deech DBE
- Elan Gorji
- Murray Lee
- Gary Mond
- Benjamin Perl MBE
- Lord Weidenfeld
- Mandi Waisman
- Hilary and Cyril Dennis MBE
- Jose and David Dent
- Zak Gertler
- David Lewis
- Felix Posen
- Lynne and Nigel Ross
- Leslie Silver OBE
- Sammy Soffair
- Simon Sterling
- Sol Zakay
Honorary Patrons (2012)
- Professor David Bellamy OBE
- The Rt Hon Tony Blair
- The Rt Hon Gordon Brown MP
- The Rt Hon Lady Cosgrove CBE
- General The Lord Guthrie of Craigiebank GCB LVO OBE
- The Rt Hon Lord Howard of Lympne QC
- Anthony Krais JP
- Rabbi Dr Abraham Levy OBE
- The Prime Minister of Israel
- HE The Ambassador of Israel
- President of Israel Shimon Peres
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks
- Rev Malcolm Weisman OBE
- Anshel Pfeffer, JNF deal ends dispute in Israel, U.S., U.K., Haaretz, 18 November 2008.
- Geoffrey Alderman, Why I worry about the JNF, jc.com, 12 February 2009.
- 'About JNF UK', JNF UK website, accessed 27 March, 2009.
- ILAN PAPPE and JUSTIN PODUR, ZNet, 20 February 2005 Mechanisms of denial, last accessed June 16, 2007.
- About Us - Offices and Recruitment, JNF UK, accessed 10 August 2012.
- 225910 - JNF CHARITABLE TRUST, Register of Charities, Charity Commission, accessed 10 August 2012.
- Harriet Sherwood, David Cameron resigns as patron of the Jewish National Fund, The Guardian 29 May 2011, accessed 23 June 2011
- Stop the JNF Campaign website, 'Cameron drops Israel 'racist' charity', Press Release 27 May 2011, accessed 23 June 2011
- BDS Website, 'British Prime Minister ends ties with JNF', Press Release 27 May 2011, accessed 23 June 2011
- Jewish National Fund website, About Us, Executive Board accessed 23 June 2011
- About Us, JNF UK, accessed 8 August 2012.