Guy David St John Kelso Spindler (Born June 1962) is a career MI6 officer, and in 2018 and early 2019 stated that he worked for the Foreign Office in London as head of its Africa Directorate. At the time he also worked part time on a 50% contract for the Institute for Statecraft as part of its Integrity Initiative project which is funded largely (but not exclusively) by the Foreign Office, Spindler’s other employer. In May 2019 Spindler altered his LinkedIn profile to claim that he had left the Foreign Office in 2017.
Spindler was the son of John Edward Spindler (died 7 November 1993) and Jocelyn Spindler (died 5th March 2008) When he died, John Spindler was a retired company director living in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
- January 2013 – Present 6 years 5 months Africa Directorate Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- August 2009 – September 2012 3 years 2 months Counsellor, Regional Affairs British High Commission, New Delhi New Delhi, India
- May 2006 - July 2009 - Gap in career listing. Unclear what Spindler did at this time.
- July 2002 – April 2006 3 years 10 months Counsellor, Regional Affairs British Embassy, Warsaw, Poland.
- 97 Pretoria
- 87 Moscow
- MAESDOWN LTD (11384084) Company status Active, Correspondence address: Brottens Lodge, Doulting, Shepton Mallet, England, BA4 4RB. Role ACTIVE. Director Appointed on 25 May 2018, Occupation: Consultant
- AC21 LTD (11037445), Company status Active, Correspondence address: 20-22, Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU. Role ACTIVE. Director Appointed on 30 October 2017. Occupation: Company Director
- MAESBURY LTD (10817680) Company status: Active, Correspondence address 20-22, Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU. Role ACTIVE Director. Appointed on 14 June 2017, Occupation: Consultant
- 33 ST MARTINS ROAD LONDON SW9 MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED (02425867) Company status Active. Correspondence address 33 St Martins Road, London, SW9 0SP. Role RESIGNED. Director Appointed before 19 July 1991, Resigned on 20 June 1994. Occupation: Government Official 
Social media presence
- Telegraph Announcements Spindler, Daily Telegraph, March 2008.
- The Gazette, https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/L-55215-336 Deceased Estates], 4 August 1998 Notice ID: L-55215-336, Issue Number: 55215
- LinkedIn Guy Spindler. Accessed 14 May 2019.
- HM Diplomatic Service Overseas Reference List, 2006
- Cryptome 276 Unique Names of MI6 Officers. Accessed 14 may 2019.
- Companies House Guy David St John Kelso Spindler. Accessed 14 May 2019.
- Companies House Guy David St John Kelso SPINDLER. Accessed 14 May 2019.