Pro-Israel lobby connections
In November 2012, towards the end of an eight-day assault on Gaza by Israel, Verdirame wrote an article for BBC Online which presented similar arguments and emphasised Israel's legal right to self-defence.
Legal advice to G4S
Verdirame, along with Hugo Slim of the Oxford Institute for Ethics, Law and Armed Conflict, was commissioned by security company G4S to produce a report entitled 'Human Rights Review of G4S Israel: Human Rights Report and Legal Opinion' in April and May 2014. The report concluded that G4S 'has no causal or contributory role in human rights violations.' It also claimed that 'campaigns against companies form a key part of a wider strategy by the Palestinian solidarity movement to delegitimize the State of Israel'.
- Amena Saleem, 'G4S Meets Critics With Contempt', Morning Star, 7 June 2014.
- Guglielmo Verdirame, War Studies - Professors, accessed 7 June 2014
- Activities, UK Lawyers for Israel, accessed 1 April 2014
- Knowledge Seminar, Zionist Federation, 28 October 2012, accessed 7 June 2014
- Gaza crisis: The legal position of Israel and Hamas, BBC Online, 20 November 2012, accessed 7 June 2014
- Human Rights Report and Legal Opinion: Summary of Independent Review, Human Rights Review of G4S Israel, G4S, 2 June 2014, accessed 7 June 2014