Fire Safety All-Party Parliamentary Group
The Fire Safety Group exists 'to meet and discuss topical fire safety issues with appropriate specialists in this field'.
It was one of the APPGs identified by the Times in 2006 which did not adequately disclose support from lobbying or PR firms, which 'list only the name of a lobbyist or public affairs consultant, and do not specify an ultimate client. This would appear to be a clear breach of parliamentary 1985 rules that state: “Where a public relations agency provides the assistance, the ultimate client should be named”
Officers, November 2015-April 2016
- Chair: David Amess - Conservative Party
- Vice-chair: Chris Davies - Conservative Party
- Vice-chair: Mary Glindon - Labour
- Secretary: Jim Fitzpatrick - Labour
- Treasurer: Peter Aldous - Conservative Party 
- Joint chair: Michael Clapham MP (Lab)
- Joint chair: David Amess MP (Con)
- Vice chair: Lord Brookman (Lab)
- Secretary: Bob Russell MP (LD)
- Honorary Treasurer: Jim Knight MP (Lab)
- Contact: Mr Douglas Smith , Parliamentary Monitoring Services, 19 Douglas Street, London SW1P 4PA. Tel: 020 7828 0828
Register of Interests
Parliamentary Monitoring Services Ltd provides secretarial services.
- 22 January 2003: Seminar followed by lunch funded by the Fire Safety Development Group (registered January 2003).
- 5 March 2003: Seminar followed by lunch funded by the Fire Safety Advisory Group (registered March 2003).
- 30 June 2003: Lunch and reception funded by the Fire Safety Development Group (registered September 2003).
- All-Party Parliamentary Group
- All-Party Parliamentary Groups in the House of Commons: Subject Groups
- All-Party Parliamentary Groups in the House of Commons: Country Groups
- "Register of All-Party Groups", United Kingdom Parliament. (List dated 16 September 2004.)
- 16 September 2003: Seminar followed by reception funded by the Fire Safety Development Group (registered 17 September 2003).
- House of Commons Committee on Standards and Privileges, Written evidence received by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards 1. Letter to the Commissioner from Mr Robert Thomson, 20 January 2006 Lobbying and All Party Groups Ninth Report of Session 2005–06
- Register Of All-Party Parliamentary Groups (as at 13 November 2015) Fire Safety Rescue, www.parliament.uk, accessed 20 November 2015
- Fire Safety Rescue APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 18 February 2016
- Fire Safety APPG, Register 28 April 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 12 May 2016