|Part of the Powerbase Brexit Portal.|
Douglas Alexander was the Labour Party MP for Paisley and Renfrewshire South from November 2007 until May 2015. Whilst in government he was minister for the Cabinet Office, chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, minister of state for trade, minister of state for Europe, secretary of state for transport, secretary of state for Scotland and secretary of state for international development. In opposition after 2010, he was shadow secretary of state for international development and shadow secretary of state for work and pensions.
After a surge in popularity for the SNP in the 2015 election, Alexander lost his seat to Mhairi Black, a 20-year-old politics student at Glasgow University by 5,684 votes - a swing of 26.9 percent.
Law firm Pinsent Masons hired Alexander as a Brexit adviser in March 2016.
Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
In 2011 Alexander was paid £4000 by Editorial Intelligence to speak at a conference hosted by the organisation in Wales.  He is an associate, at Digby Brown, Solicitors, Glasgow where he occasional contributions to various newspapers and broadcasting.
- 16-18 July 1998, to United States of America to attend conference. Accommodation provided by NewsCorp. (Registered 25 November 1998)
- 14-18 November 1998, to United States of America for conference organised by the British American Project. My travel and hotel costs were met by the conference organisers. (Registered 25 November 1998)
- October 1999, went on a paid visit to Israel that was sponsored by Labour Friends of Israel.
Miscellaneous and unremunerated interests
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Centre for Scottish Public Policy (non-remunerated).
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) Liaison Committee (non-remunerated).
- Director of the CARD Carers' Centre, Paisley (unremunerated).
- Labour Friends of Israel, taken trips to Israel, funded by LFI
- Rt Hon Douglas Alexander MP transcript, Iraq Inquiry, 5 March 2010.
- Address: 2014 Mile End Mill, Abbey Mill Business Centre, Paisley, PA1 1JS
- Telephone: 0141 561 0333
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 1345
- Email: email@example.com
Web & Social media
- Website: http://www.douglasalexander.org.uk
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dalexandermp (no longer working_
- BBC News Election results: Labour's Douglas Alexander loses seat to SNP, 8 May 2015, accessed 11 May 2015.
- James Merrill Mhairi Black: Meet the 20-year old who beat Douglas Alexander to become youngest MP since 17th century Independent, 10 May 2015, accessed 11 May 2015.
- The Register of Members' Financial Interests, Part 1 As at 16th November 2011, accessed 23rd November 2011
- Redress Editors, http://www.redress.cc/stooges/redress20070628 Gordon Brown appoints Israel apologist to oversee British media], Redress, 29 June 2007.
- House of Commons Douglas Alexander Register of Members Interests, accessed February 2007
- Electoral Commission, Donation search, accessed 9 March 2015
- ^ House of Commons Douglas Alexander Register of Members Interests, Accessed February 2007
- ^ Redress Editors, Gordon Brown appoints Israel apologist to oversee British media, Redress, 29 June 2007.